8.19.2013

AND THE BIG NEWS IS....

Hello family and friends! I love you all SO much! Your letters keep me going and support me SO MUCH! You have no idea. Except PARKER and JAREN. Write me NOW. like, right now. Before you forget. Kthanksbye. :)

SOO! Who's excited to hear where I am?!! I am in Cheung Sha Wan! An area of Hong Kong -- it's like right in the middle! And my church building is the same building as the mission office! Crazy!! I'm so excited to be back in the middle of everything! In Macau we're super isolated so it's so exciting to be back here! AND my companion is American! AND she got here.... get this.... THE MOVE BEFORE I DID. So she's only 2 months ahead of me. Oh my goodness... hahaha. We need the gift of tongues and we need it now! It'll be great though :) Her name is Sister Aldana and she's from Springville. And the BEST part is...... I'M LIVING WITH SISTER PEARL AND SISTER TIDWELL!! Sister Pearl is my best friend from Macau and I was with Sister Tidwell in the MTC! I'm stoked! We actually haven't been there yet... we're at the apple store in Kowloon Tong. I just got over here to Hong Kong and we couldn't wait to email! :)

But oh my goodness... I am going to MISS Macau. It's like heaven on earth. Last night I was saying my prayers and I said, "I never want to go home." And then I was like, wait what? Did I just say that??? But yes, it's true. This is the most wonderful experience I've ever had. Ever. You have to hear what everyone did for me in Macau:

1. G.M. gave me a really cute necklace made of pink jade in the shape of a rose. She just held my hand for a really long time and gave me this pretty necklace and kept hugging me and speaking in Chinese that I didn't understand. She kept saying, "Heimohng leih wuih faan leih!" (Hope you can come back!) Ahhh I just love her. She is such a special lady.

2. One of the YW in Macau 1st Branch that I've become really good friends with, H.K., did the SWEETEST thing. After church she came up and she was like, "Come here!" So then we go to a corner of the church and she pulls out of her backpack a tupperware thing of spaghetti. K this is so cute. The very first time we met, she was practicing her English and she asked me what my favorite food was. I said spaghetti. So SHE MADE ME SOME before I left! Oh my gosh I wanted to cry. Isn't that the cutest thing ever?! Ah I was dying. I love her so, so, so, so much. She is so cute and such a good, good girl. And she wrote me the sweetest letter. I took pictures of it but I can't send the pictures today, boo :( Next week! Ahhhhh I LOVE HERR.

3. S, one of our investigators, came to English class on Thursday and brought me a cake. So nice! She's great. She's getting baptized in October. She's SO golden. Man. She was kind of hard to teach because she has so many questions, but she is so ready. She'll be such an amazing member. She's so willing!! Anyway, then on Sunday she brought me more gifts! This really cute Chinese electric fan! Haha i love it! And an umbrella and some tissues! Perfect! I love love love them.

4. B gave me a cute journal :) You know me, I love my journals. I think I'm going to have 50 by the end of my mission. I just love to write! Anyway, we had a great lesson with B last night. She is so awesome. She doesn't believe that she really can get an answer about whether the church is true or not. Sister Lau and I had a huge impression to show her this Mormon Message "Waiting on the Road to Damascus." It was SO perfect. I love seeing how we're guided by the Spirit :) It's so cool.

5. I also got a cute letter and bookmark from another YW in our ward, T. I'm really going to miss H.K. and T. They're so awesome!! They're willing to go out with us ALL THE TIME. They have such strong testimonies of the BOM. They're both such good examples. Both of them want to come to BYU so maybe I will see them again! I hope so. :)

And wow, I'm going to miss my Macau sisters so much! Sister Cutler, who's been with me from my very first day in Hong Kong. Sister Capucion, such a cute Philippina who is like the sweetest person I've ever met. Sister Palmer, who just got to Macau a week and a half ago but is sooo much fun. Sister Yeung... gosh I lOVE Sister Yeung. I almost cried saying bye to her. She is so much fun. I love her to pieces. And of course Sister Lau!! My trainer! It's weird that I'll be with completely different elders and sisters, but I'm so excited to start in this new area with Sister Aldana!

This week there was a typhoon.. nothing new, really. There are typhoons all the time. But this one was a signal 8! Which means we had to stay inside BASICALLY ALL DAY. It was sooooooo boring. The rain was pounding against the windows and the wind was howling. After our studies and calling everyone we'd ever talked to before and everyone in our records, we were bored stiff. There's only so many calls you can make. We cleaned our apartment from top to bottom, did some phone lessons, and then FINALLY were able to go out! But it was still raining like crazy so we did some door knocking. I'm going to miss door knocking SO bad. I really like it. Oh well. New ways to find here!! :)

Hmm.. what else from this week...

Oh HAHA. I haven't really told you any language flubs yet. I've got some good ones. So in Chinese, 12 is "sahp yih" and 20 is "yih sahp." So I get them confused. I've told a lot of people I'm 12 years old :) haha. Sister Lau would always go into fits of giggles and I knew I'd said it again. I think I've got it down now ;) Also, I was doing my language pass off with one of our Zone Leaders, Elder Chan. I was teaching him the plan of salvation, and accidentally said, "Yuhgwo ngohdeih gancheuih YehSouGeiDuk, Tinfuh wuih beih ngohdeih hou hou ge chingfaat." Which means, "If we follow Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father will give us a very good punishment." Elder Chan was laughing so hard :) whoops!

Man, I just really love this work. I can't believe I've been here for one and a half moves already! WHAT?! It's flying by. I love what I'm doing. I've never, ever, ever been so happy in my entire life. I wish everyone could experience this happiness. There is nothing like it in the world! I know the Lord lives. He loves me. He is guiding my life, and He is guiding this work. With God on our side, who can be against us?!

I love you all. Thank you for your support and love. It means the WORLD. :) Until next week!!

Love always,
Sister Shay
xoxoxo

No comments: