10.21.2013

LEIH HOUUUUU!

I couldn't think of a more creative subject than "leih hou!" haha sometimes my brain doesn't want to work...

GUESS WHAT?!!!! Elder Holland is now over the Asia Area! HE'S IN CHARGE OVER HERE!!!! I freaked out when I heard! Seriously! I hope he visits us next year! That would make my entire LIFE if I got to meet Elder Holland as a missionary. Ahhhhhh!!!!!! And the Asia Area Headquarters is here in HK! So we have a pretty good chance! whoohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missionaries get excited about the weirdest things.

ANYWAY. Hello!!!!!!!!! How are all of my favorite people this week!? :) I hope you are all doing well! This week was crazy... so many miracles. I've gotta tell you about it all!

But first the bad news. YJ hasn't answered the phone since last Thursday. Over a week. We're bummed... looks like her baptism next week can't happen because she missed 2 weeks of church and no contact with us. We're not really sure what's going on. We've been praying for her like crazy. I won't lose faith in her. Keep praying for you, will you?

So. Our investigator pool has been rapidly shrinking and we're not really sure why. We've been trying our hardest to keep all of these awesome people, but everyone in HK makes themselves so BUSY all the time. It's frustrating! Needless to say we've been doing a TON of finding.

Tuesday finding: We took J and A-K, two youth in our ward. A-K is getting ready to leave on his mission in Texas in January and Jacqueline is 20 and is just working right now because she wants to go to BYU-H. They're both awesome and we had so much fun finding with them. We went to a park and it was so cool to have so many of us there! A-K went and started shooting hoops with some other guys and then I saw him giving them fliers and talking about church! J helped us find 2 girls named V and V that wanted to come to English class! After finding with them for hours, they came back to the church and had dinner with us. They're great :) I LOVE our ward here!!!

Wednesday finding: We were not looking forward to it. We had nothing planned for the entire day and when you're looking at your planner and all it says is "finding" from 12:30--7:00, it gets a little discouraging. But we decided to really pray about where we should go and what time we should be there. We took 20 minutes before we went out and each knelt down and said our own personal prayers and then wrote down 5 places on a piece of paper. When we compared, we had 2 that were the same. We felt like we should go to Mei Foo first. And let me tell you, it was AMAZING!! Literally the first people we talked to gave us were 2 ladies named A-L and they both gave us their numbers! THAT NEVER HAPPENS! Then we turned around and there was this guy named S that said hi to us and told us about his 2 little daughters and wife that would love to learn more! WHAT?! It was incredible! The whole finding block was that way! Then that night we went to English class and E came and V and V came.... so we were so busy we had to go on SPLITS after English class to teach them all! THAT NEVER HAPPENS EITHER! It was so amazing! I taught E (with C from our ward who is so awesome) and we gave her a baptismal date! WOW! I just can't even tell you how happy we were this day. Ahhh the church is true! And I get to be a part of telling people about it! :D I LOVE IT!

I'm running out of time so I'll tell you about a hard thing we went through:

One night we were so bummed. Haven't heard from YJ, no success that day really, we were just wiped out and really discouraged. We got ready to do our planning session. Before every evening planning, we always sing a hymn. I chose "How Great Thou Art". By the end of the song, we were both in tears. We knelt down to say our prayer to begin planning and I said the prayer and just cried. Then we both just sat there on the floor of our office and cried together for a long time. (Okay, so I cried a lot and Sister Aldana cried a little and watched me cry for a while) We had a really good talk about the Atonement and how we know that Jesus Christ helps us in our trials, even small ones like having a bad day. It was a really good experience. I'll remember it forever, sitting there on the hard tile, crying, and feeling the power of the Atonement and knowing everything would be okay.

I am so thankful to be a missionary. I'm thankful for the downs because they make the ups sweeter. I'm thankful for the ups because they strengthen my testimony. I'm thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for the strengthening, enabling power of His Atonement. I'm thankful to be here in China, where the missionary work is hard, but it's so jihk dak ge (worth it). I LOVE this mission so much. I love the changes that are happening in my life. I love the Lord. I LOVE these people. I love all of you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for EVERYTHING! Keep the faith! Ga Yauh!!!!!

Love always,
Sista Shay
xoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments: