10.28.2013

No more AC, miracles, and Korean BBQ!

HELLO!! You know what's sad? That all of you are not in Hong Kong. That all of you don't get to do this every single day.... preach the gospel and speak Chinese and laugh so hard and work so hard and love the Lord..... I hope one day you can all know what it feels like to be doing what I'm doing :) I LOVE IT!!!

So yes, as the email says, this week was the beginning of no more AC! The zone leaders texted us saying that we can't use it anymore. We haven't been using it during the day - only at night - but we were all dreading turning it off for the night. We opened up our windows and the first night wasn't bad. The second night was pretty comfortable! And the third night, when we woke up, we were all COLD! after exercising and getting ready for the day, we were sitting in our study doing personal study with our window open. So I'm sitting there and I'm like, "hmm... i feel weird... what is this feeling.... I WANT A SWEATER." So I went to my suitcase and dug a sweater out and put it on! It was the weirdest thing ever and I LOVED IT. I can't wait for the weather to really start cooling down! I WANT WINTER. During the day it's still pretty hot here, but it's starting cooling down in the mornings and nights! yay!!!!!

This week started out slow and hard again. Lots of finding time. LOTS. We were also kinda sore because last Monday I led us in an exercise routine that killed our legs for the rest of the week ;) haha whoopsies! But yeah. Soooo much finding time. There were a couple days when I had to take a deep breath and remember why I'm out here doing this. But the Lord gives us trials, and then He gives us blessings.....

Like Friday. We went finding (surprise, surprise) and we got to this park and there was almost no one there. But I was like, "Hey, i have this feeling that we need to say here until we teach a lesson." So we stayed. We talked to everyone and no one was interested. We still stayed. 10 minutes before we were going to head back to the church, we ran into an investigator Sister Aldana had had before I came to this area! WE JUST BUMPED INTO HER! Her name is LJ. She was so happy to see us! Her phone broke and so that's why she stopped having contact with Sister Aldana before. It was a straight up miracle. Who bumps into people that they know in HONG KONG?! Heavenly Father definitely wanted us to see her again. We scheduled her for the next day!!

Or Saturday. Saturday morning we taught LJ again. We met her in the park, and her daughter, S, was so sad. She was just crying and crying and we couldn't have a lesson. So finally I said, "S I'll go play with you!" and we went and played on the playground together so Sis Aldana could talk to her mom! It was fun :) these little Chinese kids! They're the CUTEST! After that we taught A at the church. It was so good! We taught her the Restoration and at the end, committed her to pray about Joseph Smith's experience. She said, "I can't pray and get an answer. There's no way I could get an answer from God." so i said, "Let's kneel down right now and see if God answers our prayers." She said the prayer and it was SO GOOD! After the prayer we asked her how she felt. She said warm and comfortable and good. We testified that is the spirit. It was just such a good feeling! After the lesson we went outside (we were going to go eat lunch) but then she was looking at the temple across the street, so we asked her if she wanted to go over there and she said yes! Who needs lunch?! We went over to the temple with her and walked around the courtyard and sat in the waiting room and felt the spirit of the temple. It was soooo good. She's definitely getting baptized someday :)

Or Sunday! Sunday we had 3 investigators at church! One of our members brought her friend and we got to teach her! Someone in our ward's little 2 year old daughter had a birthday so they brought birthday cake and SO MANY egg salad sandwiches for everyone and after church we had a party! haha i love this ward. I love this place.

I am aboslutely LOVING this mission. I love everything about Hong Kong!! I'm so, incredibly, wonderfully, fantastically happy to be here!!!!!! Keep praying for us, but don't worry. We're learning loads. The Lord knows what He's doing :) and I trust Him completely!

I love you all so very, very much!
加泅! 夫父愛你們!

Love always,
Shay Bay
xoxoxxo

PICS!
French Toast, Noodle Soup, and Ovaltine...Random!!

 Sweet pants we bought!

 Fun with grapes...this is ward FHE

 Korean BBQ!

No comments: