1.16.2014

Too Many Miracles to Handle!

IT'S TRUE! Life is crazy over here! It's been amazing to see the changes that have happened this week, in our finding, in our teaching, in everything. Ah I just can't even believe it. Heavenly Father loves us so much!

Finding
So. Ever since last week when Sister Pearl and I did a training on following the Spirit, Sister Tidwell and I have been trying to do it. IT'S BEEN WORKING! Not even kidding you. One day we had 30 minutes to find -- that's it! -- and so we said a prayer and went to work. Every time we had to choose which direction to go, we stopped. I would say, "Right or left?" and then we'd just listen. After we chose a direction -- EVERY SINGLE TIME -- we would talk to a super prepared person, or get a phone number, or something. It was one of the coolest things that's happened on my mission. That half hour was so amazing! The Spirit really will guide us! It's been cool to learn how to listen for it and follow it.

At the end of our half hour, we saw this lady. At first she totally ignored us. Then we kept on bugging her and talking to her, and finally just offered her a flier with Joseph Smith on it. She started talking to us, we started sharing.... she ended up crying and telling us she had some hard circumstances in her life and how good she felt talking to us. It was so awesome! We were able to teach her a street lesson and say a prayer with her. Blessings!!

Teaching
F is TOTALLY making her January 26 baptismal date. I'm so excited! She went from thinking that Heavenly Father is a demon, to repenting and feeling the power of the Atonement and wanting to come closer to God. She's been such a testimony builder for me. We actually saw her this morning and taught her the Law of Chastity. It was so good! We're so excited for her! On her BIRTHDAY, even! Ah! It's just so amazing!

We haven't seen J JM in a while and we've been a little bit worried about her. Sister Tidwell miraculously scheduled her for Saturday and we went over with our RS president, Sister Lee. We started the lesson (we planned to teach about baptism) and followed up with her, asking her if she was reading the BOM and praying. She said she was but it wasn't really helping her. She said when she feels sad, she'll just drink so she won't have to think about it anymore. It was really sad. I bore testimony that every time she had a problem she didn't want to think about, she needed to get on her knees and give it to the Lord. I told her that I knew He would take it away for her. The Spirit was so strong. But wait, it gets better!! So then we showed her a clip of the District (those missionary training things I was supposed to watch before I went into the MTC, ya know?) about the Robles Family, a family that gets baptized and IT WAS THE BEST. Seriously. So awesome. J JM was feeling the Spirit so strong. We committed her to be baptized onMarch 9 and SHE ACCEPTED! But wait. She hasn't been able to come to church yet because of H Y (her 8-year-old daughter)'s dance every Sunday morning. We've been praying and fasting like CRAZY for her to find a way to come to church. So I said, "We know you haven't been able to come to church because of H Y's dance..." and she says, "Oh, she doesn't have dance tomorrow." And we're like OKAY THAT'S AWESOME! And then Sister Tidwell says, "So does she have it next week?" And J JM says, "She doesn't have it on Sundays anymore!" THE SPIRIT SMACKED ME IN THE FACE. That is a straight up miracle! Nothing short of a miracle! I gasped and just started crying right away. I didn't even know what to say... "J JM! That is so wonderful! I can't believe it! What a miracle!" We told her how we'd been praying and fasting for her and she started crying too. Sister Lee had to pass around tissues haha :) It was probably the coolest lesson I've had on my mission. Heavenly Father answers prayers. I knew it before, I know it now. I know it with everything I am. Ah! I'm so excited for her little family to be eternal!!!

Well... there are like 1200 more miracles this week but I don't have time to write them all. I LOVE this work! I am so happy to be a missionary. It really is the best kind of life. I'm learning so much and loving every single second. The Lord is blessing us so much! I couldn't be more thankful or more happy!

Have a great day and a great week! Smile! Look for the miracles! Love every second! Love everyone! :) Remember I love you!!!

All my love,
Sister Gwok
xoxoxo

No comments: