2.05.2014

A Baptism!

(Letter from Jan 22)

Okay, so not yet! But coming up on SUNDAY!!!! More deets later.

First off, I'm super sorry I forgot to tell you about temple day today and that i wouldn't be emailing last Monday! FORGOT. My bad. But your probably figured it out, yeah?

Second off, I have THE funniest story ever. I got the Christmas card this week! I loved it! :) so cute. Anyway, I keep it in my BOM now and whip it out all the time to show everyone my fam. So I show my investigator Fantasy (she's 28). And she takes one look at Parker and says, "Wow! Leng jai!" which means "pretty boy" and basically means she thinks he's a little hottie. I started laughing my head off and said, "He's 16." And she got SO RED in the face and so embarrassed. She kept saying, "16?! Are you sure??" It was the funniest thing ever :) Parker. Quit being so cute!!

But yeah! FANTASY'S GETTING BAPTIZED ON SUNDAY!!!! She is so amazingly prepared and so willing to keep all the commandments and everything! I just love her! She passed her baptismal interview no problem and is so excited! I'm so excited too! This will be my first baptism! (how crazy is that?) But I'm thrilled about it. It's like a fantasy or something ;)

Crazy thing is, on Sunday she didn't show up for church. In fact, no one did. Sister Tidwell and I were SO sad. It was so hard. In RS they announced Fantasy's baptism and she wasn't even there :( we got home from church and the first thing we did when we walked in the door (after a prayer) was just bawl our eyes out. It was kinda nice ;) but really pitiful. I wanted her to be baptized so bad and we didn't know why she hadn't been at church! Her phone was off, no way to reach her.... it was so scary. But then we figured out that she had been in Mainland for work, and had gotten off work so late on Saturday night that there were no more trains going to HK! So she literally COULDN'T come! We were so relieved! So, long story short.... she's getting baptized. Oh man, do you just smile saying that word? baptized. baptism. baptism. BAPTISM. ahhhhhh i love it! :)

In other news....
We got to go to a visitor baptism the other day! Visitors are from mainland, they come to China and get taught all the lessons in one day and then get baptized at the end of the day (since they can't get baptized in china). It's SO COOL! I loved seeing her happiness after her baptism. What an awesome thing!

I don't know if you guys regularly check out lds.org, but you definitely should! The Church is SO COOL!!! They're seriously doing so much technology-wise to further the work. Whenever I get on to do facebook, I get stoked out of my mind to come back and be the best member missionary ever!!! I love it! I love being a mormon! We are so cool!!!!! :)

I straightened my hair for the temple today. It's long.

My birthday is soon :) 21! yippee! Also, in tradition for Chinese New Year, we do a "deep clean" of our apartments that takes one whole entire day. And guess which day it falls on? February 1! My day of birth! I'm actually so excited about it. I love cleaning things :) Our apartment will be clean on my birthday! yay!!!!

I'm learning so much about so many things.... I wish I had time to write them all! I'll write more on Monday... only 4 days away! I love you all so much! Keep smiling!

Love your favorite missionary,
Shaylee K
xoxoxoxo

No comments: