3.12.2014

1 in 200,000

I would like you all to imagine Heber North Stake boundaries. Plus add Red Ledges. Okay, got it in your head? That is Tin Shui Wai. Now, put 200,000 people in there. Yep. That's where I'm at. It's CRAZY. There are TONS of people here. But it feels like not that many because I was just in Kowloon which has so many more. Hong Kong is a teeny tiny little place with SO MANY PEOPLE. Here I am, one in so many! And I'm loving every single second! :)

But hey! I hope you had a wonderful week! Today we get to go to the temple, I couldn't be more excited! These weeks are always crazy long when we don't have a P-day for a week and a half... but goodness we saw so many miracles. Starting with last Monday, the coolest thing happened.....

P-day ends at 6:30. We had an appointment with a LA for 7:00. She calls at 6:30 and says she can't make it. So we're bummed.... we go out and start finding in Tin Shui Wai park. We run into these two cute teenage girls and start talking to them. They were super nice and willing to listen. We started talking to them about the church and about Jesus Christ and asking them if they believed in Him. Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, this middle-aged lady comes up and pulls the girls aside and whispers something in their ears and GLARES at us. The girls look at us and say, "Oh, uh, sorry, we have to go.... do some stuff." And run away. Sister Aguilar and I were like, what the heck? The lady glares at us again and then walks off. We were so frustrated and, I'll admit, furious. Who does she think she is?! She doesn't know us! She doesn't know our church! We said, "What do we do?" Sister Aguilar thought it would be good if we went and contacted her just like we would anyone else. So we go after her:

Us: "Hello! We're missionaries! Have you ever heard of our church before?"
Lady: "Oh yes, I've heard of it. I know who you are. I don't need you or your church."
Us: "Okay... do you go to church?"
Lady (she stops and glares at us): "Yes, I do. And I'm VERY clear about what your church is. {at this point, she's yeling and people are starting to stop and stare} Go away! Your church ISN'T TRUE!!!" She gives us one more glare and then walks away.

Sister Aguilar and I just stood there, in the middle of this square, with a ton of other people looking at us. We both started to cry. I haven't had that happen to me for a really long time... probably since Macau. It was really hard. We walked slowly away, both of us silent, not wanting to talk. It was really sad. We walked for a little while and I was silently praying, "Heavenly Father, please bless that this night will be worth it. Help us find a prepared person to teach." We rounded a corner, and BOOM! Found an amazingly nice girl that talked to us and has interest :) Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers!!!

But that's not even the coolest part. The second we walked away from Kate, both of us were grinning from ear to ear, so happy about Heavenly Father giving us a miracle after such hard rejection. Then, we got a text. We look at the phone and immediately both of us started crying again because the text was from President Hawks and said:

"Sisters: thank you for being obedient and hard-working missionaries. I'm grateful for the example you are and will be to others."

President Hawks NEVER texts us personally. It was a straight up tender mercy from the Lord. I have never felt so loved and never felt that a prayer has been answered in such an immediate, tangible way. I know with all of my heart that Heavenly Father is real and that He loves us more than we can comprehend. He wants us to succeed! He wants our happiness! If we will trust Him and talk to Him and be close to Him, he will trust us and talk to us and be close to us. :)

I'm so sorry that was such a long winded story. But I just loved it.

I have billions of other miracle stories but I'm totally out of time. I love you all SO much. You are what keeps me going. Thanks for praying for me. I feel your prayers. They strengthen me every single day. I LOVE YOU!

Have the most wonderful week :)

Love always,
Shay - Gwok Jimuih
xoxo

No comments: