3.17.2014

Happiness :)

Hello fam and friends! Leih hou!

First of all -- PARKSTER! I'm so proud of you! Congrats!! :) You're gonna be the best student body pres Wasatch High School ever had! EVER! I'm seriously thrilled for you. You're awesome :) Love you so much bro! I will be home to see you in action! Woo hoo!

Also, Twit...... you're turning your papers in on Tuesday?! I COULDN'T BE MORE EXCITED! If you come to Hong Kong i will just DIE :) wouldn't that be the best thing ever??

Well this week was a great one! I'm loving everything about Tin Shui Wai and Sister Aguilar. We laugh all day and work our buns off and love every second. Ah, this crazy adventure... I don't ever want it to end!

Highlights of this week:

We were walking home from the church on Friday and passed this restaurant called "Man Kitchen" that we pass every single day. Sister Aguilar says, "hey, we should go look at the menu" so we go and guess who's in there? The stake president and his wife. They ended up chenging us out and so we ate dinner with them. It was fun! They're cute and they remind me of you, mom and dad :) I hope if you saw the missionaries you would cheng them out because it makes their weekly emails home, they're that happy about it ;)

Last night we were LA finding. LA finding is rough here because everyone lives in apartment buildings with guards, so sometimes it's hard to get up to their door.  We were finding last night with no luck. Every single guard wouldn't let us up to see the less actives. We were feeling pretty discouraged but we went to the last house anyway. The last building was really hard to find but eventually, through a miracle, we found it. When we walked in, the guard let us up mouh mahntaih. Miracle. When we got up to her house, we rang the doorbell and she was actually home! Miracle. She let us in! Miracle. They were right in the middle of eating dinner, so we told them we didn't want to bother them and asked if we could come back tomorrow. She said yes. Miracle. She asked us if we wanted to eat at her house tomorrow night. Miracle. The miracles come, always at the last house. Heavenly Father is so good to us.

Kami is AMAZING. Kami is our 17-year-old investigator that is totally amazing. She reads the BOM way better and more than I ever did in high school and she understands it so well! AND she always asks us questions about what she's reading. We have so few investigators that will actually do this, it's so amazing having one like her. She has a baptismal date for May 4 and she's totally on track to make it!

Mrs. Cheui, another one of our investigators, ran into some anti. (There's SO MUCH anti here, it's so sad.) She met with us and told us that all her friends told her this is an evil church. We did our best to testify of the truthfulness of our message and told her she needs to pray to find her answers from God. We were afraid she wouldn't meet with us anymore. Then she and her cute 5-year-old son, Gary, showed up to English class! Miracle!

I read a quote this week from President Uchtdorf: "Happiness is the destination, but it's also the path." I LOVE it. I think it'll be my new life motto. Sometimes I get caught up in thinking about what's ahead for me and how happy I'll be when I get to _____ point in my life, but really we need to be happy about every single day and what we're doing. I LOVE THIS MISSION!!






I love you all so much. Have a wonderful week!! :)

Love forever,
Shay
xoxoxxoxo

No comments: