5.05.2014

It's May?!?!

Hi all of you people I love so much :) I'll try to write a much better email this week than that of weeks past...

It was one of the craziest weeks in a long time. There was so much going on and the stress levels were higher than normal. But I've reflected a lot and been able to learn so much. The time just keeps slipping by...

Tuesday we got to go over and teach a family from Syria! Gaz and Lama and their adorable 2-year-old daughter, Tala. It was so much fun! Usually we have to turn people that speak English over to the international elders (and we still have to do that this week), but because we live so far away we went and taught them first. They were SO nice. We absolutely loved teaching them, especially because they were the ones asking for us to share more about our church! I haven't taught the Restoration in English for so long. It was cool to quote the First Vision in English..

"I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!"

I just got the chills. A 14-year-old boy (Jaren's age!) really did see God the Father and His Son in the Sacred Grove that day. And because of his courage and his faith, we have this! 15 million and growing fast... 80,000+ missionaries... stakes and wards and branches and the priesthood all over this earth... I just can't even take it in sometimes. This work is REAL. It's not a story, or a good service I'm doing. I'm not in Hong Kong to "gain experience" or do anything for myself. I'm here to spread the good news of the gospel to everyone here. Sometimes when I stop and think about it, it takes my breath away. There isn't anything more important in the world!!

Wednesday we went to Mission Leadership Council, something I've missed for the past few months. I absolutely love sitting at the feet of President and Sister Hawks and listening to their council. We in the China Hong Kong mission are putting our faith to the test these next few months. I've never been part of something like this -- I've learned so much about faith. Faith can move mountains, can change people's hearts, can bring down the powers of heaven upon us who want it the most, can answer our silent prayers, can do all things. President Hawks is the wisest man. I love him. I love learning from him.

Thursday and Friday we had to do all our weeks' worth of work in 2 days because we had to move on Saturday. Remember when our apartment flooded? It got underneath our wood floor and caused it to bubble up and then break. It's been AWFUL. So Saturday was spent moving from our very old and crappy apartment to a BEAUTIFUL new posh one down the street. It's called "Uptown". So now we're the uptown girls :) it's been fun but kind of weird, moving as a missionary. It took us almost the entire day, so we're excited for this week to be normal and back to being super focused on missionary work!!

Sister Aguilar and I -- along with the Zone Leaders -- had to make new zone goals for this month. We came up with "F.I.G.H.T!!" because, as Elder Holland told us when he came, "We're not going to flee Babylon anymore. Our dispensation is the one that will stand and FIGHT! We will conquer Babylon!!" We're hoping to get our zone pumped up to accomplish bigger and better things. The church is growing in Hong Kong! It's doing so well!!!

What do you know I'm out of time again. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. I love the work that I've been commissioned to do. I only have a year and a half -- I love giving my whole heart to the Lord. I'm working on giving more and more every day because I love Him. I love this gospel. I love my Savior. I know He lives.

Love always,
Sister Gwok

1 comment:

CM.A said...

Hello, I am HK citizen, how to meet sister Shaylee? :)