5.19.2014

Another Week!

HELLO!!! Leih hou!

I just went back to some emails that I wrote you in June/July.... wow. I wrote a lot. My emails lately (for like the past 6 months) have been really lame. I'm sorry. Ha. I guess I'm just busier now and more used to only talking to you once a week! Last summer I almost died every P-day, I was so excited to talk to you all.

I just want to start and say, thank you. I haven't said that enough, Mom and Dad. You guys are sacrificing a lot for me to be here in Hong Kong right now. I'm SO happy to have this opportunity. And I love it. I love it, I love it, I love it. It's flying right by, which is crazy, but I've never cared more about anything in the world. Sister Aguilar and I were talking about that last night while we were making dinner. I've never made so many goals in my entire life. Every single day, every single week, every single hour, we make new goals. And we care about them SO much! It's really comforting to know that I'm not apathetic about this, because it's not mine. It's the Lord's work. 100% His. I LOVE IT! I don't know how to say it better/more than that!

Well, the past 4 days have been great. Our companionship is working together better and better every day, which is a blessing. We're seeing a lot of really great things. Despite some setbacks and some heartbreaks (some investigators that aren't progressing/don't want to see us again -- which breaks my heart!! so sad), life is looking good here in Tin Shui Wai and Hung Shui Kiu!

ps: have you google mapped those areas yet?? you should check em out!!

On Friday we went to visit a LA named Mok Jimuih. She was the cuuuuutest. She was actually born in Germany, so her first language is German (but she's Chinese), and she spoke to us the cutest accented English. We sat down and started asking get-to-know-you-questions, but she cut us off and said, "Can we please talk about the gospel? It's more interesting." We were like "sure!!" haha. She was adorable. The best part was at the end. We shared 3 Nephi 11 about when Christ came to the Americas and talked about the Atonement. At the end, I asked her to share her testimony of Jesus Christ. A lot of times (most of the time, actually) when I do this, they share an experience or share the reason why they chose to get baptized. But cute Mok Jimuih shared the most pure, sweet testimony of Jesus Christ I have heard in a long time. She said, "I just can't even imagine how much He loves us. He died for us. He suffered for us. He died for ME! He loves me so much." It was the spiritual highlight of my week. I was so grateful to hear of someone testify of Christ. He truly is the reason for every good thing in our lives. I am so incredibly thankful to Him. Because of Him, I can be clean. Because of Him, I have the best message in the world to share with these Hong Kongians. I, like Mok Jimuih, just can't even imagine how much He loves us. But I know He does.

Here's some pics:

We do these things called cup wars. Every church in HK has a water machine with those little paper cups. So cup wars is this: you fill up a cup and drink it with no hands, then eat it. The first one with the whole cup in their mouth wins. Haha


A sweet frog we saw one night while finding!!


I gotta run. I love you all SO much! Thank you for your continued love and support. I really, really, really love you!

Love,
Sister Gwok
xoxoxo

No comments: