9.30.2013

I LOVE THIS WORK!!

HELLOOOOOO!!! I loved hearing about all your weeks! I love getting your emails and your letters! I really have the best family and friends on earth. Hands DOWN.

This week was FULL of miracles. They came all at once and I feel so humbled that the Lord is pouring His blessings upon us right now. Ah, so many good things to tell you! I hope I have time to write them all!!

Monday: After P-day we went to see one of our members, J. We had pizza over at her house... pizza with octopus legs and shrimp. Mmm ;) ha. We were hoping her parents (who are non members) would be there too but they weren't. Oh well. It was still good to get to know our members. This ward is amazing. Have I said that yet? I absolutely LOVE it. They are so willing to work with missionaries here and soooo amazing. It feels like a big family, literally. I love love love it!! I never want to leave!

Tuesday: We had district meeting as usal and talked all about finding and having faith to find. After the meeting I was SO PUMPED UP! I just wanted to get out there and FIND these prepared people! So we did! We went out and found an 89 year old less active named C Popo. She's really sweet! After that we went out finding and let me tell you, it was amazing. I don't even know why... this week EVERYONE has been so prepared. It's like the two weeks previous to this one there was something holding everyone back. Seriously on Tuesday we had people giving us their numbers.... giving US their numbers! Usually we have to drag numbers out of people! At one point, we were street contacting, and I saw this lady and said, "Leih hou!" and she walked past me and said in Cantonese, "Sorry I don't know English!" so I let her get like 10 steps away and half-heartedly called after her in Cantonese, "But I know Cantonese!" Well, then she stopped and turned around and came back to talk to me! Biggest miracle!!! Her name is L....

Wednesday: We went with C Popo to the doctor, just because she asked us to. She wanted us to help her get a taxi. It felt good to just SERVE. Serve as the Savior would serve, not out of obligation or out of a desire to get their number or to teach them a lesson. I need to be better about looking for opportunities to do service out of love and a desire just to serve people. And in the waiting room, all the little popos were asking us about the church and stuff! It was great! They were all blown away by our Cantonese :) I love when that happens. Anyway, after the doctor, we ran back to the church to have interviews with President Hawks! BEST THING OF MY LIFE. I wish I could have talked to him for hours, but we only had 15 minutes. I learned SO much though. I felt like I was instructed, edified, comforted.... everything I needed to hear. And then while Sis Aldana was in her interview, I got to chat with Sister Hawks. I love them so much. I feel so blessed to have them as mission president/mission mom. They are incredible! After our interviews we went and had a lesson with C. C has been seeing missionaries for a long time.... it's hard to help her progress. We watched "The Testaments" with her and then bore our testimonies of Christ. It was a really good lesson. The Spirit was so strong. She said she feels bad seeing Christ crucified, and can't believe He did all those things for HER. It was an awesome lesson! So good!

Thursday: We went finding alllllll day with one of our YW. Actually, she's not even a member yet! Her name is A-P and she is incredible. She's 16 and she's been coming to church for like 2 years but her parents won't let her get baptized yet. So sad. She is amazing though. She's such a good little missionary and fellowshipper. She got pretty tired going finding with us, but she was so upbeat and positive about it! We love her! After that we were able to see L!!! The one I contacted on Tuesday! She's great! We went to her Herbal Life store. She helps people lose weight or gain weight (gain weight?? only in CHina....) and she made us a health smoothie! I TOTALLY thought of you, Mom haha. It had aloe vera and oatmeal and celery in it... it wasn't as good as your green smoothies. Not even close. But it was a little taste of home for me :) then we taught her the Restoration right there in her tiny little store. I hope we can teach her again soon!

Friday: We went finding again.... kept on finding the most amazingly prepared people... one lady and her cute 7 year old son named S said they would try to come to church on Sunday!! AND!! Y J came back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When our phone rang and it said "Y J" we both freaked out. Jumping up and down in our office and hugging. She said she wanted to take us out to breakfast the next morning!

Saturday: BREAKFAST WITH Y J!! It was so awesome. I wish I could express how much I love her. She met us in the MTR station and right when she saw us, she ran up to us and gave us the biggest hugs and said, "I missed you so much!" Ahh and her son King is SO cute. We had such a good time with them! Even though breakfast was yam chaah (like dim sum... you know what that is??) like appetizers... but Chinese ones. and like a bazillion of them. Shrimp, dumplings, all this other stuff I have no idea what the names are in english.... sorry. :) After breakfast Y J gave us the biggest hugs again and said, "I love you." AHHHH she's so amazing!!

Sunday: SUCH A GREAT DAY AT CHURCH! Y J and K were there, along with H J and S. K and S became friends, it was the cutest thing ever :) And C Popo came! She's 89!!!! It was great! AND the elders investigator, SL, got baptized yesterday! I love him. He's going to be a bishop someday, I swear. His testimony after his baptism was incredible. He really gets it. He bore his testimony on the Atonement and I about cried. Funny story. He's never worn a white shirt and tie to church before. But after his baptism, he came back in wearing a SUIT! and a white shirt and tie! Awesome!! :)

Okay that's like maybe an eighth of the miracles that happened this week. I can't type fast enough dang it! I absolutely, postively, 300% LOVE THIS WORK!!! I love love love what I'm doing. The Lord loves me, I'm positive of that. He is blessing us with so many miracles. I LOVE this area. I LOVE this ward. I LOVE this mission. I LOVE my companion, the sisters I live with, my mission president, EVERYTHING!! I love the ways I've changed. I feel like a whole different person. I love everything about being a missionary. I love you all so much!! Thank you for everything you do for me! I feel your prayers!

Check this out! I'm writing this on a touch pad:

加 油! 我愛你門!

With ALL my love,
Shay Bay Bay
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments: