9.09.2013

Monkeys and Faith

FAMILY! and FRIENDS!

4 days later and you get to hear from me again! Yay! It's been a great 4 days since the last time I emailed you! So much has happened! I'll give you the rundown:

Friday was our Zone Training Meeting. It was a lot different here because in Macau, our district is our zone and there are only 10 missionaries, so ZTM feels exactly like district meeting. But here, our zone is really big! I am in the Kowloon zone and we have the biggest zone in the mission. It's awesome! Elders Nestman and Howell from my district in the MTC are in my zone too, so that's cool. It's always fun to see people from the MTC and know that we are all doing this for real now!

Saturday nothing really cool to report. We have been doing turnover lessons like nobody's business these days. Since we live out of our area and our church is out of our area, we find a TON of people that we can't teach because they live in different areas. So we do a lot of turnover lessons, which kind of stinks. We're working on finding new investigators, but it's hard. This big city has so many uninterested people!

I have been thinking about faith lately and how it works. I have an assignment for all of you reading this letter. I want you to write me what you think faith is and how it works. How do we use faith to make miracles happen in our lives? Some of the ways I've been implementing in my life are:

Sacrifice. I'm giving up sugar and praying in my bed so that Yip JM can get baptized. She hasn't responded to our calls and texts for a week now :( I'm really hoping that sacrificing will show the Lord my willingness to have these blessings.

Obedience. Self evaluating my obedience has been really great. Ever since Zone Training, I've looked at the little things I'm doing that haven't been exactly obedient. I really want to be 100% exact so that the Lord will see I'm willing to do what He asks.

What do you think? :)

This week I saw a MONKEY! A real live monkey! We were in our apartment doing studies and we looked out the window (we live on the 7th floor) and we saw a monkey running on the railing of the highway! It was the coolest thing EVER! We were like freaking out and I wanted to take a picture but my camera was dead! Dang it. Next time. I hope I see another one!!

Whit, I can't believe you're going to COLLEGE this week. I literally can't believe it. Send me your address first thing so I can get a letter sent to you. Mail is so fun to get when you're away from home :) I love you so much! Don't be scared. The Lord goes with you! I wish I was there so bad! I love you sooooooooooo much!

I've got to get off already :( poo. I love you all with all of my heart. I was reading in the BOM in Jacob this week and I read these words:

"For, for this intent have we written thse things, that they may know that we knew of Christ."

That's why I'm writing these emails. So that you can know that I know of Christ. He is my brother, my Savior, my best friend. He lifts me up in times of discouragement and trial. He is the "author and finisher of my faith" and my reason for this mission. I love Him and want to make Him proud.

I love you all so much. Write me good emails for next week on FAITH! ;) I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you!

From China to Utah, love always,
Shay
Gwok
xoxo

No comments: