9.23.2013

The biggest typhoon in 30 years.....?

Well HEY! How is everyone this week?? I have to start out by saying... I'm really, really glad that I got on my email and heard you were all happy and healthy. I had the scariest dream the other night after we spent all day with one of our less actives whose leg was amputated. Okay here's the dream:

So there was this giant snake that was going to attack. And for some reason I knew about it but no one else did. So I grabbed Mom and Jaren and we ran for shelter. Couldn't find Whit. Then after a while we were like "oh no! Where's Dad and Park?!!" so I ran back by myself to see if I could find them and..... they were laying there with no legs. It was horrible. Dad didn't remember who we were either :( it was the worst dream ever and I couldn't shake the feeling that Dad and Park were legless. So, I'm glad to hear that Parker had a XC meet and he did just fine with both of his legs :) haha.

ANYWAY! today was going to be exciting! We had been hearing about some GIGANTIC typhoon that was headed straight for Hong Kong. It was supposed to be equal to the biggest hurricane.... we kept getting texts from President Hawks: "Stay inside. Stay away from the windows. Follow the safety procedures for typhoons. You may not be able to email on Monday" etc. And our neighbors across from us taped their windows. So we're thinking, man this is gonna be HUGE! Yesterday we had to come inside at 6:30 pm. We had to cancel an appointment with a less active, closed all our windows, battened down the hatches... we were getting ready. We were all kind of excited to see a huge typhoon. So we keep waiting for cool stuff to happen.... it rained a little bit... yep. Nothing exciting AT ALL. What a bummer ;)

Here's a Y JM update! (since she's basically our only investigator right now).... she's in Mainland for 2 weeks. :(  Mainland is like a black hole that sucks people away. It's terrible. But she's SO good still. She's excited about baptism. We wish we could call her and do lessons over the phone... or even just chat! But it's too risky in Mainland. Boooo. Oh well. We know when she gets back she'll still be GOLDEN!

Oh yeah! so this week was mission tour! Mission tour is when one of the members of the 70 comes and goes around to different areas of the mission. So that was on Wednesday from 9-5. It was SO GOOD! I looooooove being spiritually fed. The Seventy was Elder Larry Y. Wilson and his wife. It was so awesome! It was all about the Fall and the Atonement. I learned so much. I love being fed at the feet of great men and women, like Elder and Sister Wilson and President and Sister Hawks. I love President and Sister Hawks. They are so wise and have so much love for the missionaries and for each other and for the Lord. Anyway, we had to travel up to the New Territories for mission tour and I GOT TO SEE SISTER MORGAN again! We had a great time :) I love that girl to death. So glad she was my first comp :) It was such a good day. And then at the end of the day, President and Sister Hawks gave us a ride back to Kowloon Tong in their CAR! That was cool. :)

Hmm... what else. Oh Mid-Autumn festival was a BLAST! There were sooooooooooooooooo many families out! It was a finding-dream-come-true! We contacted some really good families! Yay! :) And then on Friday night this family in our ward had us and the elders over for dinner. It was fun :) and we had A TON of mooncakes. Mooncakes are gross.

At mission tour, one part of it was a sisters' meeting where we all went around and said one thing we'd learned since being a missionary. I said that of all the tings I've learned, maybe one of the biggest ones is that the Lord gives us trials because He trusts us. He loves us and He wants us to grow. So, when a trial comes my way, I should look at it as a blessing. When I had lice, my first thought was "why me?" But I've come to realize that I've learned SO much from that trial. I'm so thankful for the things the Lord teaches me through my trials. I love this mission! I love what I'm doing :)

Thank you for all the support. I love you all SO much. Keep us in your prayers! We could use some more investigators! :) I love you I love you I love you!

Love always,
Shay
Gwok
xoxo

No comments: