11.07.2013

Cheng Outs!!

Helloooo there all of my favorite people in the world! (If you're reading this, you count! :))

How was this week for you?! Actually, this past week and a half? I hope it was awesome. I loved seeing Halloween pictures and hearing all about it. And I LOVED getting mail! Mom, your card was the cutest. Michelle, I LOVED all your pictures and your letter made my day! Gigi, thank you so much! Whit, your letters were THE best. I read parts of them out loud and we all died laughing :) Ah, I just have the best fam/friends EVER! I love you all!

So oh my goodness this week was crazy. First off, YJ! We happened to RUN INTO HER when we were finding! ( i don't even remember what day it was... i forgot my planner today and my planner is my brain...) But it was crazy. We were talking to someone else and then all of a sudden Sister Aldana just screams, "YJ!!!!" And I turn around and there she is! It was the craziest thing EVER! We met with her the next day and she is so insanely busy. It's definitely our biggest struggle right now. Everyone is so busy with school, work, school, work, school, work...... AHHH JUST LISTEN TO THE GOSPEL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! Yeah. But we're working on helping YJ come to church. This Sunday, we're crossing our fingers! Cross yours too!

We've been teaching LJ, she's our referral from our recent convert. She's great! We're going REALLY slow because she has no previous knowledge about religion at all. But she has a really special place in my heart. She just seems like a lost soul, and I know the gospel can really bless her life. We're actually eating dinner over at our recent convert's house with her tonight! so stoked!!!

Who else.... we started teaching a JJ (does everyone know that JM means ji muih which means sister? so like sister j in english). She's also GOLDEN. We got an awesome fellowshipper for her that really helps out a lot with our crappy chinese. She's also being a real friend for her. Sometimes it feels like fellowshippers come because they feel like they have to, but GJ (our fellowshipper) is really being a great friend. I love it when that happens :)

We're full up on cheng outs this week! (people inviting us over to their house to eat dinner) which NEVER NEVER NEVER happens. especially with investigators. But this week we're having one tonight with L JM, one tomorrow with a ward member that will give us so many referrals!!, and one on Sunday with J JM! We're so excited! Cheng outs are a big deal. If people trust you enough to invite you over to their house, they're golden :)

Randoms:

-Mom, trash day? I have no idea haha. When our trash can gets full, we take it out to the landing on the stairs where there is a bigger trash can.

-We don't know our neighbors.... A) because one of the apartments next to ours is being renovated right now, and B) because we don't live in our area. We live in Kwai Fong. We have to go over 2 MTR stops to even get into our area!

-Next holiday? No clue.... no clue at all. Thanksgiving? Y JM in our ward, the one who gives us fruit every week, is having us over for Thanksgiving dinner on the 17th! So excited! And our ward is having a Thanksgiving party on the 23rd. But regular non-members don't even know what Thanksgiving is. We tried to explain it to someone. They didn't really get it. "So you just eat food? And do what?" us: "um....give thanks! and eat! a lot!"

-The weather is soooo bipolar. One day I can wear a sweater and be comfortable, and the next day I'm hot again and getting a little bit sweaty. It's the weirdest thing to hear about snow and cold weather. Like whit, your date in the snow? Yeah. Can't imagine it.

-We have started doing finding with this display... basically like this big poster... idk how to describe it. But we set it up in Sham Shui Po, which is like CRAZY busy with people, and it was great! We got some numbers and emails to work with, which is always good!

-Today in the temple was absolutely amazing. I've been struggling lately, feeling like I'm not good enough and I'm not doing enough to further the work. But today in the temple was so needed. I sat in the Celestial Room and just felt Heavenly Father's approval so tangibly. I know He is pleased with me. Yes, I am so far from perfect. I mess up every day! But that's why we have the Atonement. That's why we have the Savior. With Him, all things are possible. We can wake up every day and try a little harder to be a little better. I know that Heavenly Father is so merciful. He is our perfect, loving, endlessly patient Father. I'm so grateful to have felt His love and presence today in the temple. It was a special, sacred time. I'm so thankful for the temple!

FAM. The house is BEAUTIFUL. I'm so excited to see it :) Keep sending pics! I LOVE seeing them. You guys are awesome! I miss and love you so much! Thanks for the incredible love and support. I love, love, love, love, love you ALL!

Love always and forever,
Sister Shay
xoxoxoxo

No comments: