12.09.2013

Learning so much!!

My dearest family and friends,

This week has been crazy and I feel like I've learned SO much. So instead of giving you a play-by-play of what we've done, I'm giving you a play-by-play of my feelings/the many things I've learned.

On Wednesday, Sis Aldana and I went to our first ever Mission Leadership Council. I learned a TON. I loved it. I love being around President and Sister Hawks. They are so wonderfully wise... and also so wonderfully strict. {I know what you're thinking... wonderfully strict?} That was one of the biggest things I learned while at that meeting. There are a lot of rules and I honestly think this mission is one of the strictest out there. But at MLC this week, I received a hugely strong spiritual confirmation that President Hawks is called of God. He receives revelation on how to best direct the work here. And I'm so thankful to be in this mission with him. I'm thankful to have had strict parents growing up :) M&D, you really helped me realize what's THE most important. And I'm learning it more and more here.... it's soooo wonderful! I'm here to bring people unto Christ. That's it. That is my purpose. And i want it forever rooted in my heart.

On Sunday, I felt soooo spiritually uplifted. Our bishop's son came home from his mission in San Fran this past week so Sunday he gave his talk. He did such a great job! He also sang a song and had his sister accompany him on the piano, and then at the end bore a powerful testimony. He took his nametag out of his pocket... and right then, it hit me in the face:

This mission means everything to me.

I sat there, bawling, as he was testifying of how amazing it was to wear Jesus Christ's name for 2 years. I realized right then -- more than ever before -- how much I love what I'm doing and how much I don't ever want to stop. I didn't realize before, when other missionaries talked about how hard it was to "take off the tag", that it really will be hard. I don't want to ever do it. This is such a short period of time we have to be our best and represent Him well. I want to wear His name for others to see forever and always. And then I realized, I still can. I can wear His name on my heart for the rest of my life. But right now is going wayyyy too fast! I don't want it to end!

We had a "my conversion fireside" last night. Basically all the missionaries that are going home ask their recent converts to come and bear their testimonies. And we invite our investigators! :) So we invited J JM and her 8 year old daughter H Y. I hope they liked it as much as I did. It was so good. President Hawks bore his testimony in Cantonese at the end.... ahhhhh I got the chillllls. He is a powerful speaker. Even in Canto! He was saying that, in his opinion, everyone there has a "conversion story." even if you're just starting to investigate the church. It was really cool and it made me reflect a lot about how I came to know this church is true.

I'm so thankful for the chance to serve a mission. Sorry you get to just read all about my feelings this week ;) but I want you all to learn and grow as much as I am! There's no other place in the WORLD I'd rather be right now. Not even in Heber where it's -17 degrees ;) I'd rather be spreading the gospel over here in Hong Kong. I'd rather be a missionary, wearing the name of my Savior over my heart. I LOVE what I'm doing. I don't think I could adequately express how meaningful it is.

I love you all so much! Have a great week! Remember the reason for the season: our Savior, Jesus Christ, and His infinite love for us. It's because of Him that I'm even worthy to represent Him. What a blessing.

Love always,
Shay
xoxo





No comments: