12.02.2013

Sister Training Leader, COLD WEATHER WHAT?!, and more miracles :)

Leih hou my favorite gatihng and pahngyauh! How were all of your weeks? :) I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! But there's no way it was as good as mine! :)

But let's back up:

Monday: We taught L JM. It was actually her birthday so she made us dinner. It was.... pretty gross.... but we choked it down ;) we bought her a cake so we sang and then our message was from general conference. We watched Elder Holland's talk because we felt like that was what she needed. It was pretty disappointing because afterwards, we asked, "so what was he talking about?" and she said, "I don't know. I don't remember." We pushed and pushed and she still wouldn't say anything. She needs bigger desire....

Tuesday: EXCHANGES! Sister Foong and Sister Ainge aren't even in our zone anymore, they're the sister training leaders of the other zone, but we don't have any STLs so we still go on exchanges with them. I went to Sister Ainge's area, Tsim Sha Tsui, and it was CRAZY. Coolest thing happened. She was telling me about this potential investigator she found that works in Tsim Sha Tsui but lives in our area -- her name is C. So C is a jeweler, and Sister Ainge had a ring she wanted resized so she took it in to C. They ended up getting her number and everything and she was super nice. So Sister Ainge is like, "let's go pick up my ring and then you can meet C, since you'll be the one teaching her because she lives in your area." So we go to the jewelry shop. We walk in, and this lady from my ward, C JM is there! She's like, "Gwok JM!" and I'm like, "C JM!" ..... haha so come to find out, C is a LA! She's been LA for like 40 years and she's super good friends with C JM! It was just SO AMAZING. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of these LA to come back. It just so happened to be on the day we were doing exchanges that C JM visited her friend C, and we went by the shop too. It was so cool. I love seeing the little miracles and the way Heavenly Father guides us to certain people. It's awesome.

Wednesday: We taught English class. It was really fun! We watched "Create" mormon message beforehand and picked out some vocabulary they should know. Then during class we gave them the new vocab words and watched the mormon message a few times so that they could practice listening for the words. Played some games, had them create something with just a piece of paper.... it was fun and I felt very creative :)

Thursday: THANKSGIVING! Such a great day! W took us out for yam chah (dim sum) that morning. It was delicious and expensive and there was SO MUCH FOOD. {Then on Sunday she was telling us we needed to lose weight. Well if you want us to lose weight, stop taking us out to eat! haha Side note: people here are soooo blunt about the world "fat." they say it all the time. In Chinese, it's "feih." And I'm called feih on a regular basis. I want to say "I'm not that fat in America!" but they just think all Americans are really fat. haha} anyway, right after that we went to the church to teach C JM. It was SUCH A GOOD LESSON. Okay okay, back up. Gosh there's too much to write! So she was a little late. So before the lesson we decided to watch some mormon messages. The first one on the DVD was "mountains to climb." Have you seen it? It's SO GOOD. Sis Aldana and I started BAWLING. After it was over, we looked at each other and said, "Why did we do that??!" with tears streaming down our faces haha. But I know why we did it. We had a great lesson, and then felt prompted to show C JM that same mormon message. Afterwards, she started crying and opened up. She said she has breast cancer! It was so sad but also so good. She said she's so thankful to be learning about these things because at the church she really feels peace. It's the one thing in her life that brings peace. It was SO GOOD. Our member there was amazing too. Again, such a testimony that Heavenly Father cares! It was no coincidence we found C JM and C C and Y Y in the park that day! I'm so glad we can help them learn of Christ and come unto Him. It's such a humbling privilege.

Thanksgiving dinner was a blast. Everyone was assigned something (by Sister Pearl, she got put in charge of it because she likes to cook ha) and we had EVERYTHING American! It was awesome! Turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy and corn and stuffing and jello and somebody even found a can of cranberry sauce in the cupboard from last Thanksgiving haha! Plus Sister Pearl made apple and pumpkin pie for dessert. It was awesome and delicious and we played thankful games and it was probably one of the best Thanksgivings I've ever had :) it was hilarious to see elders make mashed potatoes. Ah, missions. Oh how I love them :)

Friday: YES. We got called to be the Kowloon West Sister Training Leaders! Sister Aldana and I both. WHICH MEANS WE ARE STAYING TOGETHER FOR THE NEXT TRANSFER! (we're pretty sure) WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! That'll be 6 months of us being together! Obviously we still have things to learn together :) so happy and excited! But also feeling very inadequate about being STL. I haven't even been a senior companion yet! Haven't trained! Barely been in HK 6 months! But the Lord makes weak things strong. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to serve. I hope I can do it well and help the other sisters in our zone.

GAH. There's like a bajillion more things to tell you but I'm out of time. I've gotta send pics still! It's been COLD lately! Weiiiiird!!!

I love you all with everything I am. I love Hong Kong with everything I am. I get on my knees every single night with the biggest smile on my face and my heart overflowing with gratitude that I am a missionary in Hong Kong. I absolutely love what I'm doing. It's hard, but nothing in my life has ever been more worth it.

Until next week! Merry Christmas month! Remember the Savior -- it's because He came into the world that we have hope and happiness. One of my favorite quotes from Elder Marcus B. Nash, "My life has color and meaning and light and flavor and hope because of Jesus Christ." Mine does, too.

I love you so much!

Love always,
Gwok Jimuih :)
xoxoxo









No comments: