12.17.2013

Surprise!!

HEY FAM!

So... you know how Sister Aldana and I got called to be Sister Training Leaders? And we thought we were staying together for another transfer and we were stoked out of our minds? Yup.

Surprise!!

Sister Aldana moved away to the New Territories... and they decided to make me SENIOR COMPANION with Sister Tidwell! Yes, Sister Tidwell! The same one that lived with us 2 months ago and the same one that I was in the MTC with. So now we are here in Cheung Sha Wan together! Crazy! I will miss Sister Aldana and the awesome missionary she is, but I'm happy I get to stay here. I love this area and this ward. It's weird and crazy being senior... I'm still getting used to it and it's stretching me a lot... but hey. With the Lord, we can't fail. I feel His help and I know that without it, I would have failed miserably already. So this will be a fun new adventure!

I'm getting really lazy/I don't have ANY time.... so I'm stealing this part of Sister Aldana's letter to tell you about a gigantic miracle that happened to us this week!

"I was really torn up that I wouldnt get a chance to see Yip JM again. {This is me now... Remember Yip JM and her son King? She had like 2 baptismal dates a few months ago and we LOVE her to death, but she went to mainland and disappeared! Haven't been able to contact her for months!} She should have been back from Mainland by then, but hadnt been answering her phone and everytime we went to stalk her and King, she didnt come by. As soon as District meeting was over, we decided to go out and stalk them one last time in hopes that she would come by. 3:30 came and passed. I was super bummed. I had been praying in my heart with all my might that I might be able to see her one last time. We sat down for a second and Sister Wilcox made some calls while I just sat there for a sec. ...... and then......

there she was. with King. walking down the path. I jumped up and ran over and gave her a gigantic bear hug. She was so surprized! I was crying again. This time out of happyness that my prayers were answered. She was like, "Why are you crying?!" I just said how much I missed her and how I was afraid that I wouldnt ever see her again. She was so touched. She said no one has ever missed her so much. Apparently her phone had gotten stolen and she hasnt felt like calling us cause she has been really sad lately. She looked sad. Her hair got darker and longer. Before she was quick to smile and laugh. But by the time we left she was happier and we were able to schedule her to see her the next day.

It was one of the BIGGEST miracles of my life. Heavenly father MUST hear and answer our prayers. I dont think that I will ever forget that day. It made me feel SO much better about leaving the area. Now that I know she wont be forgotten about I feel so much better."

It was one of the most incredible things of my life :) It was so amazing. We're so excited about her! She came to church yesterday with King and loved it, and she's coming to the Primary activity on Saturday.... ahhhh. So so so so good :)

So the rest of our investigators:

We met with Fantasy this week after not seeing her for 2. It was really good because we found out that she's been avoiding us because she heard that once she gets baptized, she can't drink or drink tea or "have any fun." She said that she's young and wants to have fun! We told her that, it's true, after baptism you can't do any of those things, but really, it's a blessing. We do it because we love Heavenly Father. She told us she doesn't even know if He exists yet, so we told her she needs to find out if He exists first. She's progressing but she has a lot of things that will need to change about her first. I'm happy I get to be a part of her changing process :)

Jeung JM is our BEST investigator.... but she can't come to church!! Her daughter has dance every Sunday morning. We're working on her though.... we want to tell her that she needs to decide which means more... the gospel or Hoi Yee going to dance. She is amazing. She has so many friends in the ward already (because our ward is AMAZING) and she loves everything we teach her. She loves the BOM, she loves the MoTab CD we gave her (thanks, Mom!).... she's so good. So prepared.

Chan JM is leaving for the rest of the month to go back to mainland for Christmas :( darn it mainland!! It's like a giant black hole that sucks people away.... where we can't call/contact them/see how they're doing/keep teaching them the gospel. It's rough. But when she gets back, we'll pick up right where we left off. I hope she keeps praying and reading. She needs it. Her cute little family needs it.

Yesterday we went to a Christmas devo that reminded me of the Handel's Messiah thing they do in Heber. But it was different. It was AWESOME. There was a choir that was dressed up in suits and red MoTab dresses and they sang a bajillion different Christmas songs. It was awesome and sometimes it was funny. Because they sang like some gospel soul music and clapped and danced. I love Christmas :)

I wish I had time to write everything about everything. But I don't. I love this work. Right now it's kinda hard, but I can do hard things. There is no doubt about it. The Lord helps us in every single way... when we're discouraged, stressed, lonely, sad, scared, tired, feeling inadequate, forgetful... He makes up for all of these things. I'm so incredibly grateful for Him. This Christmas season is THE BEST. I love it so much! Merry merry Christmas! Send me lots of pictures! I miss seeing your faces! :)

Love you always,
Shay
xoxo

No comments: