6.06.2014

I'm lovin' it. (no, not McDonald's!) - Email from 5/25/14

HELLLOOOOOOO fam and friends!!

Mama, thank you so much for the package! and p&j thanks for the harry potter cartoon haha i laughed forever. You guys are the cutest :) I loved seeing a little glimpse of home in that package! I can't hear from you all enough!!

This week has been a whirlwind of miracles.... they have been coming so fast, I can't get over it. We lost Sister Choi this week :( she went to Tai Wai... which means that Sister Aguilar and I are now in charge of Tin Shui Wai and Hung Shui Kiu by ourselves! But Heavenly Father is pouring the blessings down. Seriously. Like theeeese:

  • We met a new investigator named Annie, scheduled her for English class, she came, we taught her afterward, gave her a baptismal date, she accepted, she came to church, really liked it, and came to a baptism after church and loved that. THAT NEVER HAPPENS, my friends. NEVER. It was amazing!!! I'm so excited for her to continue to progress!

  • We have this system of counting up our key indicators and striving to attain "balanced" "focused" or "excellence" weeks. Obviously, we want excellence weeks. So we counted up the past 4 weeks last night. The first three, we were barely hitting balanced. We were sad and confused but determined to do better. Then we counted up this past week. Just three numbers shy of excellence! What?! Then we looked back at our week... we've sacrificed train/travel time to exclusively find. We've worked our tails off to make sure everyone progresses and comes to church. We've tried our best not to waste a minute!! We knelt down right then and thanked Heavenly Father. He truly has given us everything we need to succeed, and when we FINALLY decide that we can give everything over to Him, that is when He blesses us the most. It's said best in a quote from Elder Maxwell that I love:

"The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we “give,” brothers and sisters, are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us. However, when you and I finally submit ourselves, by letting our individual wills be swallowed up in God’s will, then we are really giving something to Him! It is the only possession which is truly ours to give!"

  • Christina accepted a new baptismal date for July. And THEN, the next day, she brought her mom to church!!! And her little brother!! AND THEY STAYED FOR THE BAPTISM! We were stoked. Christina's mom has never been to church, and her brother Andy hasn't been for a really long time! It almost made me cry to see them together. This gospel truly is the happiest thing for any family. I don't care who you are, this gospel is FOR YOU. And for all the people you love.
  • We gave a baptismal date to our investigator, Bin Jimuih, and she accepted without hesitation! We rode the lightrail home with her and she got a call from her friend (who is a member) and she said -- well, basically yelled into the phone -- "HEY! I DECIDED TO GET BAPTIZED! THE SISTERS JUST GAVE ME A DATE FOR JULY 13 AND I SAID YES! I'M GETTING BAPTIZED!" The other people on the train were staring but Sister Aguilar and i were beaming. Oh baptism!! Such a happy thing!!

Well, I'm out of time to tell you the other 55 things I wanted to say. But here's some pictures!

This is a pig face. Just a literal pig face, smashed into some plastic, ready to buy. SICK.


Cutest little old couple in our ward, the Leung family. Leung Jimuih is the most beautiful Asian old woman I've ever seen. And Leung Hingdaih is just so cute :)

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! And I love this work. It gives me the chills to think that this worldwide kingdom we're a part of started (not too many years ago) in a little log cabin with 6 members. Now we're 15 million and growing every day! It's AMAZING! And it's real. I love this church with everything I am. I absolutely LOVE what I'm doing.

Have a wonderful week! And read "Swallowed up in the Will of the Father" (October 1995 conference) by Elder Maxwell.

I love you!
Gwok Jimuih
xoxoxo

No comments: