7.15.2014

ANOTHER baptism! what?!!!

Dearest fam and friends,

I gotta follow up first. Whit, Park, and Jare. Did you read? Did you pray? Did you commit?!

OH MY GOODNESS WE HAD THE MOST AMAZING SUNDAY IN THE WORLD!!!! I have to tell you every detail about it!

This is Christine. With her FAMILY! They came to her baptism! Aren't they the cutest?! Oh my goodness you have to know her background to appreciate this. So Christine has been investigating for about 6 weeks. She's GOLDEN. Most golden person I've ever known. She's amazing and has taught me something in every single lesson I've taught her. She really has such a desire to come unto Christ. She's been wanting to get baptized ever since we mentioned baptism 6 weeks ago. But she said her family was VERY against it. She was a little nervous they wouldn't want her to be baptized, but she was determined to do it anyway. This past week, she said she was talking to her mom about her baptism and asked her to come see it. Her mom said "no absolutely not." So Christine -- with the AMAZING faith she has -- went into her room and said a prayer. She said her mom came into her room right after and said, "Okay, I'll come." IS THAT A MIRACLE OR WHAT?! She told us that and we were so happy we couldn't even handle it. I absolutely LOVE Christine. She's so selfless. She invited her family plus two friends to come to her baptism. It was the most special, perfect day in the entire world. Christine stood and bore her testimony after she got baptized and, in tears, said, "I'm so thankful to be baptized today. I'm especially thankful my family would come and support me. Even though they didn't want me to get baptized, they're here and I'm so happy. I know the Church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. Anyone here who isn't baptized should start meeting with the missionaries and do it! It's amazing!" Then, after the baptism, she came up to Sister Aguilar and I and hugged us and cried really hard and said, "Thank you so much. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't know this wonderful church." It was a missionary's dream come true right there. I can't even express the joy we had yesterday. What a special day!! Christine is AMAZING! And we have high hopes for her family! Her brother Paco said he wants to start coming. And Tina, her sister, said she wants to get baptized now!!! :) :) :)

Christine and Christina. Both baptized now :) I LOVE THEM MORE THAN WORDS CAN DESCRIBE :)

We have such a good ward :) I love them SO much. Just so you know all of their names and appreciate China, from left to right is Christina, me, A-Wing, Sis Aguilar, Christine, Delta, Ji Chin, Carol, Seung Yiu, Bobo, Man Sin, and Gung Yat. Hahaha they seem completely normal to me but I bet you guys think they're crazy weird names.

And GOSH that was just Sunday!! Life can't really get much better than right now! I love my companion, I love our zone, I love the people we work with, I love our ward, I love my mission president, miracles are happening left and right, we're in the middle of 65 in July, I'm a missionary, I'm in Hong Kong, I have an awesome family and amazing friends, I love the Lord, the church is true, the BOM changes lives, and everything is just perfect. I can't complain about anything :)

I woke up to this the other day and almost died. Asia has such beautiful clouds. Whit get STOKED!

Oh my GOODNESS hahahhahahaha I almost forgot the FUNNIEST thing. So the Chinese, they like to wear shirts with nonsense English on them, right? Most of the time they have no clue what they mean. We go to our Bishop's house for a cheng out last night. and his wife had a shirt on that said, "Sh** happens." (but it said the word). Oh man we were DYING of laughter. So hilarious!! I love China :)

I am LOVING every single second the Lord has given me in HK. I love this place with my whole heart. I love the work that we're doing here. I love my Father in Heaven and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am committing myself to lifelong service for them. This mission isn't just meant to change these 18 months. It's meant to change my eternity.

I love you I love you I love you!

Love always,
Sister Gwok
xoxoxo

No comments: