7.28.2014

A quickie...

Leih hou all!!

Hey real fast, I LOVED hearing about the family reunions. Family is the best. I wish I could have been there for both of them!!! WADDOUPS/WILCOX FAM.... I LOVE YA!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH!!

The work has been SO GOOD lately! This week was awesome! I have loved having summer missionaries because it's made me appreciate so much more the wonderful work we're doing. They get excited about the littlest things! I love it. It's like when I first got here :) This week i've been excited about little things like them and it's made me so much more grateful for what we have and what we're doing!!

So, this is gonna be a quick one today... so sorry la....

One of our less actives that's been consistently coming back gave us a great compliment. She said, "So many missionaries have visited our family for years and years. But it wasn't until you two came that we started coming back to church. Thank you so much. You'll never know how much I appreciate it." I know that isn't because of me or Sister Aguilar, but the many missionaries before that planted seeds and did so much to help her come back. It's pretty cool to be the one that gets to harvest, though :)

President Hawks came and did a "specialized training" for our zone the other day. It was fantastic. I love that man and his wife :) He talked a lot about unity and how to come together as zones, districts, and companionships. He said one thing I absolutely loved. In relationships, so often we think of them in terms of 50-50. I'll give my half, you give yours. But we measure that 50% all the time. "I did this and this and this, you only did this!" The other person always gives "less" than we do. So instead of thinking of them in terms of 50-50, we should think of them in terms of 100-0. We give 100% and expect nothing back. It's a lesson that we learn from the Savior. He accomplished the Atonement, and gave everything He had for us, but didn't expect anything back. He hoped that we would give back, and follow HIm, and follow His commandments, but He didn't expect anything. He gave 100%. I want to give 100% to everything I do -- in every companionship, in every relationship, in every aspect of my life -- and expect nothing back. That's how the Savior is :)

We're all DYING to find out the results of 65 in July. We'll find out this week at MLC!! I don't even know what to say or think about it except that I've learned TONS from this process. I've learned tons about faith. I've learned tons about persistence. I've learned tons about desire. I've learned tons about motivation. I've learned tons about being more accountable. I've learned tons about myself. I've learned tons about making and accomplishing goals. I've learned tons about obedience. I've learned tons about being grateful. I've learned tons about talking to the Lord. I've learned tons about this work and how we can get it to go forward. I can't even express how much I've loved the process of "65" and how much I've learned. It's truly changed me forever.

I LOVE MISSION LIFE AND HONG KONG. Could I say it enough?! I love what I'm doing. I'm giving all I have until the end! 100%!

I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Gwok
xoxoxo

Our LA, Cathy, and her cutest son Enik (her husband is from Samoa so Enik is the cutest little half Chinese half Polynesian baby EVER!)
 

Our district -- every single one of us had summer missionaries! Mine is on the far left... no idea why I'm not sitting by her.... and the elders were making fun of my skirt over the chair because they said it looked like a "tumor" on my leg



Very hot weather warning?? THANKS. As if we didn't already know ;)

No comments: