10.13.2014

Labor of Love

Dearest everyone that I love:

Wasn't general conference AMAZING?!?!?!?! I know I'm behind the times but I loved it more than life. I've seen 4 conferences on my mission. I'm so blessed!!! General conference as a missionary is the most amazing thing in the world :) I LOVED Elder Scott's talk. He's one of my faves ever since the MTC. I feel the spirit so strongly when he talks! I loved what he said about prayer: "CHOOSE to converse with Father in Heaven daily!" It's a choice, really. Are we choosing to arm ourselves with this power? It's such a privilege to be able to talk with our Father. I love the way He says "Father in Heaven" not "your Father in Heaven" or "our Father in Heaven." For some reason it makes it feel more real. He says "Father in Heaven" because we're all brothers and sisters, talking about the Father we all share :) I also LOVED Elder Bednar's; that story about his sons was so powerful!!! Ok ok i loved it all.... i have too many favorites to share.

oh man i'm typing this in the apple store while standing and it's KILLING my hands. i swear i have carpal tunnel.

Anyway... I can't believe I'm already at this point in my mission. We were all sitting on our beds talking last night and it just hit me.... I've been in HK for a long time. And I'm about to leave. And I REALLY don't want to! I love it too much. I love this area. I love the people here, all our investigators, all our recent converts, all the ward members, everyone. I love the people we walk past every day and the things we do and the way we talk and everything. It's going to be awful to walk away from all this. I don't even want to think about it.

Let me tell you about some cool miracles from the zone lately....

Us and the zone leaders decided that this month, we would try passing out as many BOMs as we could. We wanted to aim for 65 for each district (because it's the 65 anniversary of the church in HK! 65 is the magic number these days!). Our district (4 companionships) just took this and RAN with it. By the end of the first week, our district alone had passed out 72 copies of the BOM. SEVENTY TWO!!!! How crazy awesome is that?! We saw so many miracles and found so many new investigators with this :)

We also decided that we would take turns praying for our investigators. (i.e. we'd pray for Ivan in Hung Shui Kiu on October 6, Jason on October 8, etc etc). SO! Jason is an investigator in Tuen Mun (a different area in our zone). He's 15 and super golden but his parents won't let him be baptized. The entire zone prayed for him on Wednesday night. Super cool :) THEN. The next day, he texted the missionaries and said he'd talked to his parents and they said YES!!! Isn't that amazing?! According to the faith and prayers of so many people, his righteous desires were realized. How amazing is that?! We wanted Tina to have the same blessing. We called her and told her about it and she loved the idea. So on Saturday night, we all prayed for Tina. Every missionary in the New Territories. We're still waiting for her to talk to her mom, but we're praying so hard and hoping for miracles! We know she can do it! She could use your prayers too!!!

I love this zone. I love this place. I love HK!! I'm SO INCREDIBLY thankful for the opportunity to serve. I've been trying to notice the little things each day. It's funny how it's taken me this long to figure out a perfect balance between worrying about the numbers and not worrying about them (if that makes sense at all). I've been so happy these past few weeks. I love everything about everything right now!!!

As Elder Holland said in general conference,
"My work is about love, not statistics. What we do is nothing but a drop in the ocean. But if we didn't do it, the ocean would be one drop less than it is."

I'm taking that as a theme of my last full week. This is about love, not statistics or having wonderful numbers or getting the most lessons i've ever gotten in a week or anything. I'm going to focus on LOVING these people and LOVING my God and giving Him everything I have. This work will go on with or without me. But I couldn't live with myself if I didn't give everything I have to Him and Hong Kong this week.

I love you all so much! SO MUCH! I hope you have the most wonderful week in the world!

Love always,
Gwok
xoxoxoxo :)

No comments: