10.20.2014

Love from Hong Kong

I don't even know what to write right now... My heart is full of so many different emotions, I can't even keep them straight. One minute I feel like crying, and the next minute, it's a totally out-of-body experience. It feels like I'm not going home... someone in our apartment is, but it's not me.

At the same time, I'm so excited to see all of you :) It's crazy to think about how long I've been away from home.

I don't want to say goodbye to this beautiful, wonderful city. I have learned so much here. To think that here, a million miles away and on the other side of the world, I have come to know my Savior. I have come close to Him in a way I didn't even think was possible. I have the amazing privilege to wear His name on my heart every single day!!

Yesterday was so sad. I thought my heart was going to break saying goodbye to so many people who mean so much to me. I love Tin Shui Wai ward with all my heart!!! I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting and the thought of next Sunday, giving a talk and looking out at people who are not Asian, makes me want to start bawling. I love these people! They are different from me, but I have tried to live like them and become one of them. We got home from church (where there were WAY TOO MANY goodbyes) and started doing our studies. I said the opening prayer for comp study and I couldn't even peep out "Dear Heavenly Father" without COMPLETELY breaking down. I'm so incredibly thankful for this experience to have served Father in Heaven. I hope I've made Him proud :) I have truly tried to give everything I have to Him. I've sacrificed and been as exactly obedient as I know how to be and truly striven every day to be better.

I wouldn't have wanted to end my mission in any other way. I know these streets and tsuens and light rail stops like the back of my hand. I've cried, laughed, taught, been stretched, and grown so much in the past 18 months. Actually, almost 19 months. ah I'm so lucky!

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7

Missions end. It's the weirdest, craziest, most beautiful, and life-changing thing that I've been through so far. But oh, I'm excited to be home. I'm excited to take all the things I've learned and be a new me. A brand new Shaylee Wilcox. (wait, do people actually call me Shaylee at home?? that's weird...ha!). I'm excited to continue to develop my relationship with my Savior and my Father in Heaven. I know that they are there, "before my face, and on my right hand and on my left, and the Spirit in my heart, and angels round about me to bear me up."

The future is as bright as our faith! President Monson

WHITNEY. I'm so jealous of you. You're in Japan! You're only beginning the most wonderful journey you'll ever take. Laugh every day :) Be YOU. Keep changing and being a bright light to everyone around you. You've always been the best and brightest light to me :) I love you so much!!! I'm so sad you won't be there at the airport, but don't worry, I'll be there for you in 18 months :) I LOVE YOU MORE THAN LIFE!!!!!!!

P&J, holy cow I'm excited to see you and hang out with you. You guys are men now!! What happened?! :) Dad, I'm so excited to talk with you and learn from you and laugh with you. Mom, oh my goodness I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to see you. You're going to get the biggest hug in just a few days!!! I am so excited to spend time with you. Please tell me you're going to be my new companion until I get adjusted. I need one ha :) FAM! I never thought this day would come!

See you so soon!


Love from Hong Kong.
Sister Gwok
xoxoxxoxo

No comments: