11.12.2013

a MIRACLE and 2 drunks...

Hey hou, leih hou! :) Family and friends, how are you?! I hope you know how much you mean to me and how much I love you all. Thank you so much for the wonderful support and love. I feel it so much out here! :) You're the greatest!

So, here are some highlights from the past 4 days since I last emailed!

SATURDAY: The COOLEST thing happened! Ahh, it was so, so neat! It's kind of a long story.... so a few weeks ago during weekly planning, Sis Aldana and I went through our book of former investigators and prayerfully picked a few we would focus on this past week. So there's one named F. She was investigating like 7 years ago. Her mom is a LA, who actually used to be in a different ward but moved here to CSW. anyway... that's not even the story (i hope this makes sense!) So. This record has: a wrong cell number, a bad address, a home number that no one picks up, and a Brother S that used to help them fellowship. So Saturday night I'm totally DETERMINED to find out more information. So I call Brother S. He was no help at all and was actually pretty rude to me. He kept saying, "I don't know her! She's not in this ward! I live in Causeway Bay, you're in Cheung Sha Wan!" I kept trying to explain and he would have none of it. So I got off the phone pretty discouraged, told Sister Aldana about it, and then we both just shrugged our shoulders and said, "oh well, what do you do." And then I was like..... wait. Where's our FAITH?! So I called the home number again. A guy answered and when I asked for F or W JM (her LA mom), he was like "Wrong number!" and hung up. Again, I was like, okay oh well. And then I thought again... NO. Where's my faith?! So I said a quick prayer and called the home number again. It rang and rang and rang.... and then a girl picked it up. IT WAS F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was probably the coolest thing that's happened to me on my misison. Well, idk, i've seen a lot of miracles. But it was so amazing! I was able to talk to her and get some correct information for her record. At first she was super skeptical, but I kept chatting with her and little by little she warmed up! At the end of the conversation, she gave me her cell phone number and said, "Keep in contact, Gwok JM!" :D i WAS STOKED!!!!!!!! New investigator/LA/part member family right there! I'm so excited! Straight up miracle :)

In other news....
-We had 2 investigators at church yesterday! Yay! But.... not yay. Because they were both COMPLETELY drunk. It was so bizarre.... I felt so bad for them and so stressed the whole time they were at church. Babysitting drunks is now part of missionary life...

-Zone Conference is this week.... yay! I LOVE LOVE LOVE zone conference and hearing from our leaders.

-We visited a LA yesterday and she gave us some salad.... apples, corn, and cucumbers drenched in mayo. Weirdest thing. Sis Aldana and I couldn't decide if it was delicious or if it was the grossest thing we've ever tasted.

-Anyway, I've got to be going now. Sorry so short. Next week will be better! I love you all SO much! Have the best week ever! :)

All my love,
Sista Shay
xoxoxo

No comments: