11.18.2013

I Believe in Miracles!!!

LEIH HOU!

First things first: Dad! Happy birthday on Wednesday! I'll be thinking of you! You're getting so old!! ;) jk... you're still the youngest dad out of everyone i meet. So no worries :) Spence, happy birthday on Sunday!

Okay, this week was AMAZING. Absolutely amazing. Miracles are real. Prayer and inspiration... they're real! Sister Aldana and I said several times, "Oh my goodness! PRAYER WORKS!!!" Who woulda thought!? ;)

MONDAY: We had FHE over at a member's house with us and the elders. It was fun! They have a baby and a 3 year old son named L so it was a great time. We had Elder Allen be the "tree of life" and had him hold a bunch of Chips Ahoy cookies as the fruit. Then we had some floss (we couldn't find any regular string) as the Iron Rod. It was fun :) I played the piano for the opening song and oh wow... my piano skills are sooooooooooooooooo rusty. It's so sad! I can't play anything anymore because I NEVER ever have time to play the piano. I hope that skill comes back to me fast after my mission. I'm trying to find all the opportunities to play that i can... but they are few. I played at zone conference though. So that was good.

TUESDAY: We taught our investigator J JM at her house. HER HOUSE IS SO NICE. Oh man. It was beautiful and it had the BEST view of HK! I love this city!!! We went with our bishop's wife and she helped out so much! Love good lessons!

WEDNESDAY: The miracles! So we went finding... for like a really long time.... and we were not having any success. We go to the park. We see this mom. She rejects us. We move onto the next mom. And she's really nice! Her name was C JM. So we invited her to English class that night. She said yes she would for sure come! Yay! So we brought her to English class with her two daughters, C C and Y Y. It was great! Afterwards we gave them a tour of the church and then we sat in the chapel and taught them how to pray. It was AMAZING! THEN... we invited them to church. And they said yes right off the bat! 9 am? No problem. 3 hours long? Also no problem. WHEN DOES THAT HAPPEN??!! never, i tell you. It was great :)

THURSDAY: Zone conference. Best one yet. Nah, idk. They're all absolutely phenomenal. I absolutely LOVE my mission president and his wife. They are wonderful. Have you seen that new mormon message with Elder Holland talking? about taking the right road? It's SO GOOD. Go watch it. President Hawks showed us that and said really powerfully, "Elders and Sisters, you're on the right road." I felt the Spirit testify that it is true. I am on the right road. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be right now. Hong Kong, China. It's wonderful. I love being a missionary here.

President Hawks emphasized a lot in zone conf that we need to learn how to be better missionaries, but more importantly, we need to learn how to be better people. He talked a lot about when we go home and what we will have changed, what we will have accomplished, who we will BE. He talked about finding a future spouse that is as good as Sister Hawks :) He talked about the things we were learning and how we will apply them in the near future as mothers and fathers and teachers. It was powerful. I thought a lot about the ways i'm learning. I thought a little bit about when I come home. Before, when I used to think about home, I thought of it as the same. Home is familiar. You are all familiar to me. But I realized this week..... it's not going to be the same. Because I am not the same. I am different. I see things differently, I view things differently, I have a different, stronger, better relationship with my Father in Heaven and my Savior, and I will have had so many life changing experiences. I love it. I love this mission. I love the ways I'm changing. I love who I am becoming through Jesus Christ.

SATURDAY: Okay. So a few weeks ago Sis Aldana and I had this inspiration that we needed to go visit C, a member in our ward. Did i tell you about C? She is AMAZING. Anyway, she had no referrals that night to give us but then on Friday night she called us and invited us to her son L-L's birthday birthday. {PS: I'm in LOVE with L-L. And he's 4. He's the cutest little kid EVERRRRRRR!} anyway, her friend was there with her two little girls! REFERRAL!!!!!!!! We never get referrals. It was the most happy exciting thing ever. This lady is super nice too! We thought it was so cool that we were prompted to go see C and then she gave us a referral. :) So then after the birthday party we went out finding. It was soooo hot. I was so pooped. We both were. And we were having noooo success. But then the office elders called us. They were like, "Get back to the church right now! We have a member referral for you!" So we go back to the church. And this member from mainland is there with her friend! Her name is F :) I know, right? It's like a f :) And she was AMAZING!!!!! Seriously. so, so prepared. Referrals are always so much more prepared. SO SO exciting!

SUNDAY: I'm running out of time... arrrghhhh.... but C JM and her two daughters came to church! And they LOVED it! :) Yay yay yay! :)

Ah poop. I wish I could write everything down. This is like little glimpses of the many, many miracles we were given this week. I'm so happy to be here and to witness so many tender mercies of the Lord. I LOVE WHAT I'M DOING!!!!! It's the best thing in the world :)

I love you all so much! Have a great week! :) I know I will!!

Love love love love love,
Sister Gwok
xoxoxxoxoxox

No comments: