11.25.2013

Gamyanjit Faailohk! (Happy Thanksgiving!)

HEYYY! Guess what?! This last week was THE BEST WEEK OF MY LIFE! BEST WEEK OF MY MISSION!!!!

oh my goodness I don't even think I could type everything fast enough!! Seriously though, I've never been happier in my entire life. I said that in the MTC. I said it in Macau. But now here in Cheung Sha Wan, I really mean it :) LIFE COULDN'T GET BETTER!!!

F: is a literal fantasy. And yeah, that's her name :) isn't it great?! People here just give themselves English names. And then if they don't like them, they change them. Right now we're working on naming Sister Yeung :) anyway, F. She is AMAZING. She went to mainland all week for work and so we couldn't contact her at all, which was a bummer. But then she showed up for church! On time! And brought her BOM! And LOVED it! She joined the ward choir afterwards! haha! How amazing is that?! And in our lesson, she started crying and said, "i don't know why I feel so good right now!" THAT'S THE SPIRIT! i wanted to shout it because i was grinning from ear to ear. AND she accepted a baptismal date :) December 29! WHOOOO!

C JM, C C, and Y Y: GREAT. So great :) I'm pretty sure she's a single mom... but they are awesome! They love church. They came again yesterday and loved it. C JM says such great prayers and I can really tell she wants to keep learning more. She's a miracle. She just fell right into our laps. Ahh I love them.

J JM: ALSO a complete MIRACLE. Last week's FHE at our member C's house with her COULD NOT HAVE GONE BETTER! C and J JM became best friends right off the bat, and later in the week C invited J JM over so their daughters could do homework together. BEST FELLOWSHIPPER AWARD! It makes me so happy when that happens. Those are the kinds of investigators that get baptized and stay active. :)

W: Did I write about W? She calls herself W but spells her name "W" it's great :) She was going to get baptized in Jehovah's Witness church but then we snagged her :) she's awesome! Also so prepared. Also has a baptismal date for January 26. Also has been to church twice. Also cried her eyes out when we watched The Testaments at our ward party :)

......Do you understand what this is? This, my friends and family, is INVESTIGATORS. Real ones. Progressing ones, in fact. Real, progressing, wonderfully prepared INVESTIGATORS. I don't think you can possibly understand how happy we are. Sister Aldana and I have worked through WEEKS of trying to help people progress, trying to help them come to church, trying to help them have interest, and NOW.... the blessings are coming in faster than we can count. We don't have room enough to receive them all :)

5 INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH.
8 INVESTIGATORS AT THE WARD THANKSGIVING DINNER.

Complete happiness :) The work is moving! The Lord is blessing us SO much! I am so humbled by the many, many things we've been given this week. Heavenly Father truly is mindful of us. This work is HIS. There's no way we could do it on our own. Ahh, I love it SO much!

Also, Sister Y in our ward (the one that gives us fruit every week!) had us over for Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday night. BEST MEAL OF MY LIFE. It was so delicious. She made the most beautiful delicious turkey I've ever seen/eaten. It was on a big platter surrounded by roasted pineapple, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes. I should've taken a picture. But my camera died :( there were mashed potatoes and gravy, pumpkin choc chip bread, that broccoli/onion/bacon salad that's MY FAVORITE!!! (Mom, isn't that great?! i thought of you! :)), corn, carrots, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Plus she made us our own loaves of pumpkin choc chip bread. She's an angel. She's so American. We LOVE it :) I don't realize how much I miss American food till I eat it.

Annnnd... our ward also had our ward Thanksgiving party last night! BEST WARD ACTIVITY. There were so many referrals there, so many investigators there, and basically the whole time we felt like chickens with our heads cut off. We ate food, watched The Testaments, had a great testimony meeting, took our investigators to the MTR, waved goodbye with big smiles, and then when they were gone, we took a deep breath and both said at the same time, "Oh my gosh that was so stressful." But the BEST kind of stress! The kind of stress that means we had TOO MANY PEOPLE THERE!

Ahh. I LOVE this work. I'm so THANKful to be here as a missionary. I'm so THANKful to be in Cheung Sha Wan with Sister Aldana. We're scared that the 2nd week in December, one of us will move. Things can't be this good for this long ;) LIfe is wonderful. I have never been happier. The work is hard, but worth it. We'll "carry on, carry on, carry on!" You too! Have the best Thanksgiving ever! And eat a LOT of American food for me!

I LOVE YOU ALL WITH ALL MY HEART! I'm so thankful to know all of you! I'm so thankful for all the love and support!

Happy, happy, happy Thanksgiving!

Love always,
Gwok Jimuih :)
xoxo

No comments: