8.08.2014

A higher level

Dearest family and friends,

Oh my goodness.... what a week. What a week! This week has changed my mission and changed my life. I wish I could express every single emotion I've felt in the last 7 days but... well. I'll try.

So we got the results of 65 in July this past week. What an amazing week.... last Sunday (the last Sunday in July), a record breaking 32 people got baptized. ON ONE DAY. Crazy!!! The grand total for July was 48. Forty eight people brought closer to Christ in one month. It gives me the chills just to think about it. You wouldn't believe what was put into this goal. The whole mission fasting, praying, working, exercising faith, sweating, crying, laughing.... all resulted in 48. That's more baptisms in one month than our mission has had in years! AMAZING!

We went to MLC.. most amazing and spiritual meeting I've been to in SO long. President Hawks talked about how our "65 in July" experience was like Zion's Camp. Do you know the story of Zion's Camp? 200 Saints were called to march to Missouri to redeem Zion... they were prepared to fight. But when they got there, the Lord didn't want them to fight. They were to turn around and go home. In the meantime, they learned so many things. The end result wasn't to have them fight battles. The end result was to strengthen their faith and testimony. I feel the same way about 65 in July. The end result wasn't just to accomplish a grand goal of 65 baptisms in July. The end result was meant to change US. I feel like a completely different person than I was 5 months ago when this goal was first announced. This process has taught me so much. In worrying about these investigators and diving headfirst into the work of salvation, I've learned more about myself and the Lord than I ever would have before.

So we're sitting there at MLC and President Hawks opened it up for discussion. I have never felt the Spirit like that before.... it was amazing. We were talking about the things we learned from our "65 in July" experience and how we could further the work and keep it up in the future months. And then with the Spirit leading the discussion, we all brought it up: "Why don't we shoot for 65 again in December?!" So there you have it.... our new mission goal. 65 in December. AHHH I wish you guys knew what this means for HK. It's hUGE! It feels like we just took the mission and moved it to a higher level... we pushed up everything and miracles are flying left and right. The Lord IS hastening His work... man it's apparent in EVERYTHING here lately! It's so amazing!!!!

Something AWESOME that's happening in Macau (my first area!!! I'll always love it there!!) is that they're splitting the branch into two!!!!!! CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! I got the chills so hard when I heard that. Macau will have 3 branches now! 2 Chinese and 1 international! The work is exploding out there!!! :)

We (we as in the zone leaders and sister training leaders) were praying and worrying so much about how to present this new goal to our zone. We were praying like crazy that zone training meeting would go well. It went so well. The Spirit was there, people were inspired, I was inspired by our zone's faith and optimism, and things were just going perfectly :)

I want to tell you every single little miracle but there's just no time!!!

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! There is so much good happening in Hong Kong! Our investigators are doing great! Tina (Christine's little sister) said she wants to get baptized sooner! We're finding new golden ones left and right! The less actives are coming back like crazy! Our recent converts -- Christine and Christina -- are so strong!! There could be NOTHING BETTER right now!

I love you guys SO MUCH. I love your support and every email and note from you. I have the best family in the entire world, hands down! Have a wonderful week! Whitney, 16 days!!!!

Love you love you love you all!
Sister Gwok :)
xoxoxoxoxo


Today we dropped off our summer missionaries. I was sad to see Sister Chan go but happy because I'll see her in Utah! She's going back to Lehi for school in a few weeks! Woo hoo!
 
So this is cool.... the lady in the orange shirt and her husband with the glasses are in our ward right now. And their son, the guy in the red and his wife and kids were in my old ward, Cheung Sha Wan. They were at the cheng out last night! It was fun to see them! :)

No comments: