8.23.2014

CHANGES for the Wilcox Girls (Letter from Aug 17, 2014)

Dearest family and friends,

First of all, Whitney Shalayne, I've never thought more about you on my mish than the last week! And especially yesterday and today! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I dreamed I trained you last night :) Heavenly Father knows what He's doing... He sends you to the MTC the exact same week I get the assignment to train a newbie. What a tender mercy! We'll both be going through the biggest changes ever at the exact same time. I'm so thrilled for you :) I also can't believe it... here it is, the start of 3 years of not seeing you. That will be so hard. I miss you already. I hope you have THE BEST WEEK. You're going to be amazing. I'm praying for you! Pray for me!

So yes, I'm training. I'm just a tad bit nervous. First time. Change. Sister Aguilar going home. I'm a little bit of an emotional wreck... but the Lord knows what He's doing. I just have to trust Him. Whit I love your missionary scripture. The Lord truly does labor WITH us. Thanks for reminding me :) We'll both be relying on Him a LOT this week, huh?

This past week was great. Great! I love Sister Aguilar. We've got such a rhythm down for doing the work. We were able to each 20 lessons this past week which was super good for us! What a way for her to end :) Ah, I'm gonna miss that girl. I'm so thankful for all the things she's taught me. I'm a different, better person because she was my companion!

A challenge? TINA. Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts for her. We really, really wanted her to make it for Sunday but it looks like Heavenly Father has a different plan for her. She was ready to talk to her mom about baptism and have her mom sign the form, but the day she took it home her mom went to Mainland for 2 weeks. (Can I just say? NO OTHER MISSION HAS THIS PROBLEM. It's crazy. Mainland is a black hole. People go up there, and we CANNOT contact them, cannot get ahold of them, can't go up there with them, can't even give them BOMs to give to their neighbors up there...it's pretty nuts). So Tina's mom will be up there for about 2 weeks. We gave her a new date for the 31st. Praying with EVERYTHING we have that she makes it! Please pray for her mom's heart to be softened!

Mom, fun fact! Sister Ag and I taught English class on Friday. We decided the theme was going to be childhood. Sooo we taught them the song, "Say, say oh playmate." hahaha IT WAS SO FUNNY. We made up actions so they would remember the words and then we filmed it :) You'll love it. Sorry I can't send it over email but we'll watch it when I get home! I told them we had to film it for my momma :)

This week I've learned a lot about the doctrine of Christ. THIS is the gospel! Faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure the the end. It's the most important thing in the world! I was thinking about some of our investigators and why they aren't progressing.... it all goes back to faith. If we don't help people develop rock solid faith in Christ, they CAN'T progress. Without the Savior, nothing is possible -- progression, eternal life, change, or happiness. I am so thankful for my Savior. I am so thankful for the way He lifts me up when I am down, and the way He strengthens my weakness. I love this scripture (it's in 2 Corinthians 12):

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for mystrength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may restupon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Sometimes I want to beseech the Lord to take my trials away from me. But He teaches me the better way. Now, I take pleasure in hard things and "distresses for Christ's sake" because, like Paul says ,"For when I am weak, then am I strong." I'm SO thankful for my Savior. I am so thankful for the ways I've come closer to Him in the past 16 months. Two months left, it's my time to give everything I have.

I love this mission. I love Hong Kong. I love Tin Shui Wai. I love you all :) Mostly, I love my God and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love this gospel with all my heart.

Have a wonderful week! I'll be praying and thinking of you, twit! I LOVE YOU!!!

Looooooove,
Sister Gwok
xoxoxo

No comments: