8.25.2014

CHANGE. the crazy life.

Dearest famiry and fliends,

Hiiii!!! I can't believe Whit is in the MTC now. SO WEIRD. Hang in there, twit! I hear you're in a threesome. mm.... that can be hard. But man time flies too fast not to just LOVE EVERY SECOND and be grateful that you can serve! i think you're going to be the most amazing missionary in Japan! I love you I love you I love you! I've been thinking about you SO much! so so much!

What an emotional roller coaster of a week. It has been crazy but also really, really good. It's taught me again to rely on the Lord when I have no one else. Truly can't believe my little sister just went into the MTC this last week. It made me a little bit more emotional to think I won't see her for 3 years.. but that's how missions are. And they're so worth it!! I love you whitttt!!! AND Sister Aguilar went home (that was really hard.... here's a pic to show you):


man i'm such a bawl baby. haha. i miss my gwai!

AND I'm training. I'm just going to leave it at this : it's been a hard week. But it's also given me a great opportunity to grow. I'm thankful for that :)

Sister Hansen is my new comp! She's from Bountiful, UT and is 19! Fresh from the MTC woot woot! Here she is:

excuse this picture, it's AWFUL. i look awful... i was crying a lot, okay?

Sister Hansen is great! She doesn't eat gluten or dairy which is going to take some getting used to, but hey maybe I'll lose weight! hahaha. Let's keep our fingers crossed! ;)

The work is going on!!! Awesomely! The first day we went straight out and did finding for a bit. We found a wonderfully prepared mom and 2 kids! It was awesome! I kept thinking, "Wow, we found her so quickly! First person we talked to as a companionship!" So good. Heavenly Father helped us have success so quickly! She came to English class and church with her kids and liked both. She actually doesn't live in our area we found out. Sad :( But the elders will teach her and she'll get baptized! It will be awesome!

Another miracle that happened was during weekly planning. We prayed about who to visit to ask for a referral. The Spirit told us to go visit the Chan family. I saw Sister Chan at church and she invited us over that night for dinner. After dinner, we asked them if they had any friends or family that needed to hear the gospel. Their 16-year-old daughter piped up and told us she had a friend who was interested! WOW! She gave us her number and said she'll call her this week to set up a time to meet with us. Miracle! SO thankful for the way the Spirit guides us to people.

I like working with a new missionary because they see everything with new eyes. They're so "innocent" and so excited to do this work. It's made me a lot more grateful for the things I usually take for granted, like getting people's phone numbers or getting referrals or being able to help someone feel the Spirit. It's a cool lesson to learn.

Heavenly Father is so smart. He knows EXACTLY what we need when we need it. I'm so thankful for the times I think, "Um, wait a sec, Heavenly Father, I don't see how that's going to benefit me AT ALL. Could you maybe give me another trial instead of this one?" and then He doesn't. He helps me see the reason behind it. Or sometimes, He doesn't. But He waits for me to come to Him and trust Him. I feel like that's happened SO many times on my mission... one of the biggest lessons I've learned, definitely.

I wish I had more time. I love you all so much I can't even stand it! Hope you have the best of the best weeks :) JAREN AND PARKER, WRITE ME!!!!!!!!!! xoxo love you.

Love love love,
Gwok
xoxoxxo

No comments: