8.23.2014

Pray for Tina!!! (letter from Aug 10, 2014)

MY FAM!!!!!!

Wow I cannot BELIEVE Whit's going into the MTC next week!!! Whaaaa??? Craziness! Too many crazy things are happening. The summer flew by! Maybe not for you guys, but I feel like I was just sitting here crying, watching Whit open her call! I'm stoked for you twit! :)

Jaren Cade... are you running xc? YOU SHOULD!!!!!!
P-diddles, good luck with all that's happening.. you're so busy. I'm so proud of you Pres! You're gonna do so good! :)

I can't believe time is flying so fast. I truly feel like it's still June... then I look at the calendar and remember that it's over, 65 in July is over, Mission Tour is over, and life is continuing to cruise. I can't keep up!! Oh yeah, by the way, we had Mission Tour this week! It was AMAZING! Amazing.
We had two Seventies there, Elder Funk and Elder Wong. I especially loved hearing from Elder Wong. (He just got put in April conf, so watch for him to speak in Oct conf!! He's SO GOOD!). Something about knowing that he's from Hong Kong and seeing how strong he is made me so happy and hopeful for the work here. We're really making a difference here! All of us! We're continuing to see Hong Kong progress and grow and individual lives and families change. It's the MOST WONDERFUL thing I've ever been a part of! Truly!

At Mission Tour I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and love for President and Sister Hawks. They are so incredible and I feel SO BLESSED to serve here with them! They've changed my life and my mission. I couldn't thank them enough.

We had a bit of a setback yesterday.... we've been working really hard with Tina (who is Christine, our recent convert, ge sister) to get her baptized this coming Sunday, the 17th. The 3 of us (me, Sister Aguilar, and Tina) have prayed about this date and feel really good about it! Tina came up to us yesterday and told us her mom and dad are against her getting baptized. She said she maybe wanted to wait until she was 18 to get baptized. We didn't really know what to say.... at that time, I couldn't think of anything to say. When we were alone, we discussed it and both had very strong feelings about keeping the date for this coming Sunday. We're going to meet with Tina today to help her have the faith and courage to ask her mom to sign the form. I just can't shake the feeling that she should be baptized on Sunday. She's so ready. She's changed so much in the past few months! She's humble and willing and has a huge desire. Please keep her in your prayers! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PRAY FOR HER!!!

The Lord has showed us that we can't do this work by ourselves. There's no way! At first we were both thinking, ah this week will be amazing, Tina will get baptized, no prob, everything will be wonderful. But then He showed us that without relying on Him, this work is impossible. We HAVE to choose His way in order to accomplish what needs to be done. We have to rely on Him. It's like the story from the Bible of Gideon and the 300. He's proving to us that HE will do His own work. We just have to do what He asks us to do. We're tools in His hands, is all.

I LOVE YOU ALL! So so so much! I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful support system of fam and friends behind me. I'm loving my mission. Pray for us this week! Pray for Tina! Pray for Tina's mom!!!!

Love, looove, looooove,
Sister Gwok
xoxoxo

I WISH I WAS GOING TO BE AT WHIT'S FAREWELL!!!


This cute little lady is our old security guard (from our old apartment). We had to go pick something up from the elders and she was there and freaked out at seeing us again! She gave us many huge hugs and chatted with us for like 10 minutes. Is she cute or what??


This is last P-day. That is Jane, one of our LA's :) she chenged us to dim sum! So fun! So yum! So cute Jane! :)


THEN, the next day, cutie little Jane gave us flower bouquets that SHE MADE that matched our personalities! HOW CUTE IS THAT?!!!! She said mine is calm and pretty because I'm calmer and pretty. And Sister Ag's is like that because she's more outgoing than me and also pretty :) haha THE CUTEST!! We love Jane!

No comments: