2.14.2014

And the Apostle is...

Oh WOW. Okay. So. We've been hearing for about a week now that we get a General Authority to come speak to us on February 25! So that was cool. But then, the other night, we got a text. It said:

Elders and Sisters: We're pleased to announce that the General Authorities who will be coming to visit us on February 25th are.....

At this point, I was grabbing Sister Tidwell, completely freaking out. We were walking out of the MTR station looking like maniacs, totally grabbing each other and hyperventilating because the next words were:

ELDER HOLLAND!!!!! (okay, it wasn't capitalized like that, and I don't even remember the other one that's coming, someone from the Seventy)

WE WERE FREAKING OUT! It was one of the most exciting moments of my life. Like, it ranks up there with opening my mission call and being born and making a PR in a xc race.

Okay, joking. Sort of. I'm pretty stoked to have Elder Holland come to speak to us though! I only get to hear one Apostle on my mission, and it just so happens to be my FAVORITE ONE! :D I think he'll totally remember me from days at the good ol' Store in Midway ;) hahaha

Anyway, this week was great! SLOW. We're coming out of Chinese New Year and so everyone is still coming back from Mainland/still too busy to see us. But we're having miracles! And we had a great week!

Tuesday we had a cheng out at the Yim family's house. I just love them to death. Sister Yim gives us a giant bag of fruit every week, and she invites us over for every big holiday. So far I've been to her house for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and now New Year's. She's AWESOME! And she even secretly found out it was my birthday (from Facebook) and made me a cake!! I'm telling you, she's the best.


Wednesday was Mission Leadership Council. It pumped me up so much! It does every month. I LOVE going to this meeting. It makes the other stresses of STL worth it by a long shot. My favorite part was when President Hawks said, "Elders and sisters, the Lord said, 'I will hasten my work in its time.'.......Evidently, it's TIME." It gave me the chills. I feel so incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to serve a mission now! At the time when they changed the ages! At the time when the Lord really is hastening every part of His sacred work! At the time when everyone is getting so excited about sharing this gospel! There couldn't be a better time to be a missionary! I LOVE every single part of what I'm doing!!!

Sunday we had an AWESOME day. The elders had a baptism and so we invited Fantasy to come and bring her friend Stephanie (the one she brought to her own baptism!) Fantasy is AMAZING, by the way. She's so great. She paid tithing yesterday like a champ, and wore a new skirt to church that she bought specifically for church, and shared scriptures with Stephanie during church, and asked us, "So, if I wanted to share the book of mormon with someone, what part should I have them start reading so they understand it?" GOLDEN. Ah, I love her. We also had a "My Conversion Fireside" last night (for all the missionaries that are going home, they invite their recent converts to bear their testimony and then Pres and Sister Hawks share their testimonies). It was SO good. Fantasy and Stephanie came to that too. I'm so excited for Stephanie! She's getting baptized next, I know it. Downfall is, she's not in our area :( we passed her to the Tseung Kwan O sisters last night. But she's going to progress and have an eternal family one day! Just like Fantasy! Ahhh!




Stephanie, Sister Tidwell, me and Fantastic Fantasy!

Well, I'm totally running out of time. But I love you all SO much! This next week is moves, so we're getting nervous! I don't know what will happen because I've been here in Cheung Sha Wan for 6 months now! I could move, I could not move... .we'll see! I will go and do whatever the Lord has in store for me next. I've trusted Him this long and He hasn't failed me. I will continue to do so!!

I love you all!

Love always,
Sister Wilcox
xoxoxo

No comments: