2.24.2014

One of the best weeks of my life!

Hey, is life as good in Utah as it is here in Hong Kong? I don't know how it can be. This week was one of the best of my life. I'm loving everything about this new area, this new ward, my new companion, my new transfer. I miss everything how it was before, but the past is to be learned from and not lived in, in the words of Elder Holland (who I will see in person TOMORROW! I cannot wait.)

Highlights of the week:

Our investigator, Connie, passed her baptismal interview yesterday! So she's getting baptized next Sunday! What a way to come into a new area! :) She is awesome. She's been going to church for 2 years (so long that everyone thought she was a member, even the bishop). When the missionaries found her, she jumped at the chance to be taught and she's on fire! So excited for her!

Tuesday we had Zone Conference and learned tons about Joseph Smith's First Vision. It hit me hard -- what a miraculous way to open this last and greatest dispensation. A young boy, innocent and naive, had the faith to say a prayer that changed the world forever. One of the Chinese elders said, in his Chinese accent, "I just love that boy." It was funny but I realized that he was being completely sincere. And I agree. I just love that boy.

We had an awesome ward BBQ on Saturday night and there were so many investigators and less actives and potentials there, we didn't even know where to start! It was so fun. And so successful! Some LAs that haven't been to ANY activities in over a year were there. Miracles. Ah, Heavenly Father loves us!

This is Sister Fife! She is in our ward and she's AMAZING. She married an American when she was at BYU Hawaii and now they live here with their 4 adorable kids! Her husband doesn't speak Canto, and she speaks perfect English and is just an awesome fellowshipper. They help us so much. She brought s'mores stuff to the BBQ because Chinese people don't believe in stuff like that, so we were stoked about eating s'mores!





This is me at the BBQ with our investigator, Kami (on my left) and another investigator, Mrs. Cheui (on my right) with her son, Gary. So cute! So fun!


We've been so busy 4 out of 7 days this week that we didn't even know when we were going to eat meals. WHAT?! It's awesome!!

This year marks 65 years of the Church in Hong Kong. We're partying. Last night was a devotional at the Asia Area Headquarters Office in Wan Chai (down on HK Island... so far from me) that was broadcasted everywhere in HK. It was AMAZING. Elder Holland spoke as well as Elder Hallstrom from the Seventy and it was absolutely incredible. Elder Holland said, "We celebrate the pioneers of Hong Kong, but guess what? We're all pioneers. Because this is the first dispensation that isn't headed for apostasy. What we're headed for is greater than anything else -- the Second Coming of our Lord and Savior. We're the first dispensation that isn't going to flee Babylon, or Jerusalem, or Palmyra. We're going to stand our ground and conquer Babylon." It gives me the CHILLS to think about it. THIS is the greatest dispensation! THIS is the FULLNESS of times! We are helping God hasten His work! There isn't anything more exciting in the entire world!!

Dang it. I'm totally out of time. I love you all so, so much. I love this work. I LOVE this mission. I love everything about what I'm doing. I don't ever want it to end! I love what we as missionaries have been commissioned to do. I want to let it forever change me.

I love you all! Have an awesome week!

Love always,
Shay
xoxo

No comments: