2.05.2014

Baptism Deets +

Dearest all of the people I love so much,

Happy Chinese New Year! (at the end of this week!) I hope you all celebrate and do something fun! Today we're going to a new year's festival! This week for new year's, everyone and their MOTHER is going to mainland. So we'll be finding a lot of new investigators! But we need them pretty desperately, especially since we lost one yesterday because....

....she got BAPTIZED!!!!!!!! :)



Here she is, our dear Fantasy :) isn't she the cutest thing ever?! We love her to pieces. Her baptism was so special. She didn't have a skirt, and she called us on Saturday night freaking out because she didn't have time to buy one. So we borrowed Sister Pearl's (no way Fantasy could fit into mine... taai feih.) and she wore it on Sunday. The baptism was AWESOME! Guess what... I played a piano solo for it! Finally putting my skills into action! (okay, so actually like 2 months ago I started playing the piano in RS every week. yay!) Anyway... We had lots of people from the ward there, it was so awesome! So many more people than I expected, and a lot of people I thought for sure wouldn't be there! Our ward is so great. It was also Fantasy's birthday, and they brought TONS of food and a cake to eat after the baptism. Ahh :) it was so good! I LOVE HER.


She even brought a friend to her baptism. That's how cool she is :)


Hahaha, so the elders wanted to get a picture with us and Fantasy. So we go over to get set up, Fantasy puts one arm behind me and one arm behind Elder Liu.... and we all yell "MH DAK!" which is like "NOT OKAY!" It freaked her out but then we were all laughing so hard.

What else happened this week? ..... I can't remember. haha. OH YEAH. I wanted to tell you about my interview with President Hawks. It was like 2 weeks ago but I keep forgetting. I went in and this is what happened:
Pres: "How are you, Sister Wilcox?"
me: "Great! So great."
Pres (after looking at me for a few seconds): "No, really. How are you?"
me (after a pause): "I'm doing pretty good. It's been kind of a hard bunkeih (transfer)."
Pres: "I know. I've seen it in your face. I want you to know that I've been thinking a lot about you this transfer, and I have been praying for you specifically. The Lord loves you so much, and we do too. Your struggles haven't gone unnoticed."

Well gosh! I teared up a little bit but I managed to suck most of my tears back in ha. I LOVE President Hawks. Having him tell me that made me feel so much better, because it has been a hard bunkeih. It was a straight up answer to prayer that my mission president cares about me, and he even cares enough about me to pray for me specifically by name! Heavenly Father loves us. When we don't get the message from Him, He tells us through other people and in other ways. :) He really is so aware of us and our needs. Isn't it amazing?

Okay I gotta go. But wait!! .....

I DYED MY HAIR!








I love you all! Have the best week EVER! Happy Chinese New Year! Peace and love and prosperity and good luck! :)

Love all of you always!
Sister Wilcox
xoxxoxo

No comments: