9.02.2014

TURTLE IS NASTY

LAY HOE!!! :)

I love seeing pictures of all of you peeps :) i miss you guys so much! it's so weird we haven't seen each other in SO LONG! I just gotta say, i have the best friends and family in the entire WORLD :) i looooooove you guys more than i could even say. Life is so good, isn't it?! Heavenly Father loves us so much!

So this week.. was so goooood :) It's amazing to see how many miracles Heavenly Father is giving us. Like this for example...

HELEN. Not our old investigator Helen. A NEW one. We were at the church and someone "fonged" us. Always hate that. So I pulled out a sheet of potential investigators that I keep in my bag and started calling through them. One of the names, Helen, hadn't been contacted by missionaries since 2005. I called her and she's GOLDEN. Seriously golden. We met with her a few days later and she had all kinds of questions about the Restoration and we just taught a great lesson!! She came to English class a few days later and LOVED it. So cool!! It's so amazing to see how the Lord prepares people. Almost 10 years!! And she finally gets to hear the gospel!

SISTER CHAN. She's a less active that Sister Aguilar and I found way back in the first few months we were together. When we first saw her, she said she couldn't come back to church and she couldn't meet with us because her husband disapproved. We were really sad but a few months later, tried again. Nothing. A few months later, we went back. The bishop had gone to visit her and told her she needed to stop putting off coming back to church. AMAZING. She started coming back!! We've been meeting with her every week since then and she is just doing so swell. Truly progressing, and bringing her husband and son back with her! I got teary eyed in the lesson and so did she, talking about the first time we'd met and how far she'd come since then. THE CONVERTING POWER IS SO REAL! It's so amazing to be a part of it.



HOHN POPO.
Look at her! SHE'S THE CUTEST!!! She's progressing so well! Slowly, because her memory is super bad, but progressing! We taught her the 10 commandments this last week, and she loved em. She was all over them, saying, "Wow, I can be a better person by following all of these!" We were so happy. AND she said a wonderful prayer. She's 82 but she's gonna get baptized here pretty soon and we couldn't be happier! Neither could she! We just love her!

TINA. Here's the Tina update! Tina wants to get baptized SO BAD. But her mom won't let her :( we had a really good lesson with her this week about baptism. She said if her mom would let her, she'd get baptized anytime. Our cute little YW fellowshipped suggested that we all fast about it on Sunday. We fasted and now we're waiting to hear the miracles that come. The thing I've learned the most from this process is, Heavenly Father is aware of us. All of us. Maybe we think that it's time for Tina to get baptized, but maybe she needs to wait a little bit longer. Not sure why. But it's all in Heavenly Father's hands. As long as we're exercising faith and doing everything in our power to have these things happen, they'll happen exactly the way they're supposed to. FAITH. It's all about faith.

Oh man we had the BEST ward activity the other night. It was basically a musical talent show. Anything to do with music. There were so many good talents... plus a TON of referrals and all around just the most fun in SO long. I love our ward :) I'm so happy I get to be in this area for 8 months!!!!! IT'S THE GREATEST!

We drank the NASTIEST turtle shell/juice/i don't even know what.....



All I know is that it was turtle and it was DISGUSTING. Never drink or eat turtle. Trust me.

I love you all so so so so so much! I can't wait to see you and talk to you and laugh with you, but right now, I absolutely lOVE Hong Kong. I love the Lord and the things that He's teaching me on this mission. I love what I'm doing. I love my mission. I love you all :)

Love,
Sister Gwok
xoxoxoxxoxo

No comments: