9.23.2014

Hardest thing I ever LOVED to do

The hardest thing I ever loved to do
Was letting go of everything I ever knew
Nineteen years of dreams left in my room
As I buttoned up the jacket of my suit
The hardest word I've ever loved to say
Was goodbye to my mom and walk away
Choking on my tie and on my tears
As I walked down the hall into those years

The sweetest song I've ever loved to sing
Filled the MTC on angel's wings
The chorus filled my soul five thousand strong
And I wished it would just go on and on
The firmest hand I've ever loved to shake
Was my trainer's with that big grin on his face
He grabbed my bag and put his arm round me
And whispered,
"I'm gonna work those Mr. Macs right off your feet!"

The hardest words I've ever anguished for
Came just before some lady slammed her door
My trainer left me hanging out to dry
As a minute of painful silence rolled right by
But the hardest tears I've ever loved to cry
Fell as I opened up my mouth and testified
Between the tiny walls of a stranger's living room
The Spirit told their hearts my words were true

The most wonderful sound I've ever heard
Is the sound of water running in the church
As someone I'd come to love got dressed in white
My eyes saw their first glimpse of Heaven's light
The hardest thing I've ever come to see
Is a Man down on His knees in agony
A drop of blood falls down on olive leaves
And for a moment He suffers there for me

The hardest thing I've ever loved to do
Was getting on this plane and coming home to you
In a million ways completely torn apart
As a land so far away still owns my heart

In the most sincere prayer I've ever prayed
I thank my God for each and every day
For the blessing of the man I've come to be
As I run up and kiss my mama's cheek.

DID YOU JUST START CRYING???? Because I did when I heard this song this week. Actually, all four of us sisters did. There we were, eating lunch together and this song comes on and we just bawled. Missions are the most wonderful, amazing, emotional things in the world. I feel so privileged to serve my Father this way!! I feel EXACTLY like the words of this song. This is the hardest thing I've ever LOVED to do :) So glad I still have time left here.

Today is temple day and I have no time left! But I love you all with everything I have! Things are going SO GREAT here!! A-yan LOVED stake conference and can't wait for more, Hohn Popo is getting baptized this Sunday!!!, Tina and Christine and Christina are as good as ever, the Lord is pouring out His blessings upon this area, and I truly couldn't be happier. I am not perfect and sometimes it frustrates me, but I love what I'm doing and love that every single day I can improve. I love my Savior and my Father in Heaven.

I love you all! SOO MUCH! I hope you have the best week ever!

Love forever,
Gwok Jimuih
xoxoxo

No comments: