9.18.2014

Mid Autumn Festival and stuff

HELLLOOOOOOOO!!! oh man this week feels like 30 years. But at the same time, the blink of an eye. Time is the weirdest here.

okay, i LOVED how whit talked about dad blowing his nose and it sounded like a fog horn throughout the whole house. hahahaha i've had a stuffy nose lately and i blow it every morning and every morning i think, "wow, i am becoming my father." SOOOO funny that whit thinks of that too!! dad, i love you! i miss your fog horn nose! ;) hahahaha

Happy (late) mid autumn festival!! It's crazy that this was my second one in HK. Mid autumn festival means lanterns like the ones on tangled, and MOON CAKES galore. Moon cakes sound good, but they're gross. It's a bummer because a TON of people give them to us. This year on mid autumn festival they had a HK-wide activity! It was so much fun!! It was like a big track meet all day long. We got special permission to go and participate. Us and the zone leaders ran the 4x100 relay. HAHA in jeans. Haven't run so fast in.... a while..... we were just a little bit sore. Okay, a lot sore. So fun though! and SOOO HOT.



Also this week, I promised to tell you the story of how we met A-Yan, our new investigator. We were finding, saw her, stopped her, and only had time to talk for like 5 seconds. Exchanged phone numbers. Walked away, didn't think much of it. Until SHE texted US! Which never ever happens!! We scheduled her, taught her a great lesson, and she told us, "I stopped believing in Jesus when I was 12. That day I saw you on the street, I had just barely quit my job and I was really sad. But when I saw you, I felt peace and calm and wanted to believe again." THIS WORK IS SOOO REAAALLLL!!! Isn't that the coolest thing?! Heavenly Father truly does prepare people for us to teach!! It is the most amazing and humbling thing to be a part of this great work.

Welll...... a lot of other really great stuff is happening too. But I have absolutely no time to write about all of it. I love being a missionary! I love helping other people come closer to our Savior. I love coming unto Him myself.

Scripture of the week: 2 Corinthians 4:5-7:

5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake.

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
We are weak. We have weaknesses (earthen vessels). But if we didn't, God's light wouldn't be able to shine through. We are weak because only through Him are we made strong. I have so much I need to overcome, but I am thankful that through my Savior, I can be made strong. Not perfect, because He doesn't need me to be perfect right now. But better every day. I know that is true!

I love you all SO MUCH! so so much! hope you have the best week ever!

Love,
GWOK :)
xoxoxxoo

No comments: