6.17.2014

DAD I LOVE YOU!!!!!


DAD!!! I love you! I hope you had the most wonderful Father's Day! This pic is on Father's Day in China.... after a long sweaty hot hard day of work.... and I'm in my pajamas (do you like my genie pants? it's more like a genie suit.. hahaha).... so ignore that. But I was thinking of you all day and I love you so very, very much. I hope I find a guy just EXACTLY like you to marry. But he's got huge shoes to fill :) i love you. Thank you for being there for me every single time I needed someone. Thanks for forgiving, laughing with, crying with, teasing, playing with, and loving me. You're one of my very best friends! I miss you like crazy!!

This week something hit me like a brick wall:

THIS IS MY HOME.
I think back to the first few months of my mission..... never in a million years did I think I'd say that. I used to wish so badly that we could just sing a song in English, just to make me feel more at home. Or that people would speak English to me. Or that we could eat regular food. Or that I could wear regular clothes or straighten my hair or SOMETHING, to make me feel more at home here.

But now, oh my goodness, I love this place. This is my home. I am like Ammon, I could stay here until the day I die if it means doing what the Lord wants me to do. I love the people of this huge city, I love the members, I love the hymns in Chinese, I love the food, I love speaking Chinese, I love everything about this crazy place that I didn't think I would ever love. And I love being able to say that. I've come so far. And the best part is, there's still time ahead of me to go.

I think I'm feeling a little bit.... nostalgic isn't the right word but idk what is.... because two of my friends end their missions this week! Sister Mckown here in China, and Morgie poo in Chile. Both of them are AMAZING. I cannot believe missions end. It's a scary thought. It makes me want to enjoy my time here even more. Ah, China. Ah, missions. How I love you!!!!

We've had some ups and downs this week.... Kami's baptism is June 22. It's still up in the air. She's doing so well! She's just gotta take this last step! I swear I've never cared more in my life about someone that wasn't my family. And Christina, she just needs to decide she believes!! She says she's "willing" to believe but won't commit. It absolutely breaks my heart. If these girls only KNEW what life was all about! If everyone only KNEW! I can't even describe it. I have such an eternal perspective as a missionary. THE GOSPEL IS EVERYTHING!!! I feel like Alma.... oh that I were an angel and could say it with the sound of trumpets!! If only everyone knew!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm totally out of time... i'm so sorry..... I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. Your summer looks so fun and so foreign :) I can't even imagine doing what you're doing. I miss you guys bucket loads. Give everyone a hug and a kiss for me.

Love love love love you!!
Sister Gwok
xoxoxoxoxxo

No comments: