6.06.2014

heat(miracles) = SUMMER

Helloooo famiry and fliends,

We just got back from biking with the YSA in our ward! It was SO FUN. It was fun to see HK on a bike..... haven't been on a bike for over a year now... so weird and I'll probs be super sore. But it's fine. It was worth it! Pretty crazy though, we took our two investigators, Christina and Annie, which was GREAT! But Christina passed out! I felt SO bad.... we were stopped for a water break and she came over and put her head on my shoulder and said, "I can't breathe... I'm so tired...." and then just kinda went limp on my shoulder. I was like "Oh no!! You need to drink more water" but I was straddling my bike and turning around to get some water for her and all of a sudden she fell straight back on the asphalt. AHH. I felt so bad. We carried her over to some grass and Sister Aguilar and I just held her hands and dumped water on her and fanned her like crazy. She was fine after like 10 minutes.. poor girl. Apparently she hadn't eaten breakfast. :( buuuut other than that, it was a blast bike ride! And so fun to be with our ward! I LOVE this ward. They are wonderful.

It's hotter than JUNK out there..... and we had to wear PANTS. I wanted to die.
 Anyway...

this week was SUPER GREAT! I can't get enough of this area, this ward, this companionship, these investigators, everything. The only thing I can complain about is the heat. I want to DIE. People say it's hotter this year and all I can think is, "of course it is.... because I'm here and I hate the heat." SO YIPPEE-AI-A here we go SUMMERRRRRRRR!!!!!

So if you wanted, you guys could add these people to your prayer list:

  • CHRISTINA. She's having trouble recognizing the Spirit and getting answers to her prayers. She's doing SO WELL!!! but we want her to get baptized July 6 sooo baddd. I love her soo much.
  • KAMI. So idk if I told you, but her family has been super opposed to church. Especially her little sister. One lesson, she cried because her sister kept giving her so much anti stuff. I cried with her. I can't even imagine Whit being against something that's important to me. Poor Kami. But then MIRACLE!!! Her little sister came to our ward activity on Saturday night! We were so happy! and she liked it! She says she's been having some problems in her life lately and she wants to see if church can help! Kami was the cutest, bringing her and showing her around and acting like this church and these people were her big family. It was awesome. We want her to get baptized onJune 22 soooo badddd! We loove her.
  • ANNIE. She's new but she's AWESOME! In fact we wouldn't have even known about this bike activity if it wasn't for her. She already has some good friends in the ward that live in her building and they bring her to church! so good!! She knows nothing about God (or she didn't a week ago!) but she's willing and she's super cute. Hoping and praying for her baptism on July 27.
  • CHRISTINE. She's new too! but sooo good!! She has a friend in Yuen Long (another ward in our stake) that's a member and we gave her a baptismal date the first time we met her! She was in AWE at the size and beauty of our church building. She's been to other churches before but didn't really like them so she came to ours. She LOVED Sunday's church meetings. She's the cutest, nicest, most sincere person in the world. Love her. Hoping and praying for her baptism on July 27 too!!
Here's the bad news: Bin Jimuih dropped off the face of the earth. Last Sunday she got SUPER offended at someone's talk (on keeping the Sabbath day holy) and stomped out of the church and won't answer our phone calls anymore. She says she'll never come back :( so sad. We're praying for her to have a change of heart.

We had Zone Conference this week which was SO GOOD. And also fun, because I got to see EVERYONE in my MTC district! We were only missing Elder Barker! Crazy how much we've all changed in the past year! The elders all look like BABIES in the MTC haha.

In Zone Conf President Hawks talked a lot about life changing experiences and how they have tough times. But of course! That's why they're life changing. This roller coaster adventure in Hong Kong is the most life changing thing I've experienced in my entire life. I absolutely LOVE IT. I love the people I serve, the people I serve with, and everything about everything. Truly, life couldn't be any better. I love the Lord. I love this mission. It's changing me in ways I would have never expected.

I love you all SO MUCH more than words could even say. Have the most wonderful week!!

Love always,
Gwok Jimuih
xoxoxo

No comments: