6.30.2014

Have miracles ceased?....Behold, I say unto you, NAY!!

Dearest fam and friends,

Gosh I don't even know what to say about this week. It's been absolutely amazing and SO intense. We've laughed and cried more than any other week on my mission so far! Let me tell you about Christina....

Christina has been investigating the church for 7 months. She steadily comes to church, reads the BOM, and prays. But for 7 straight months she's said that she hasn't been able to feel the Holy Ghost. She doesn't show much emotion ever and doesn't cry easily. We've been working with her like CRAZY to help her recognize the Spirit. Last week, we were ready to give up. We were doing weekly planning, just basically throwing our hands up because we have no idea how to help her. BUT.... this last week.... due to your prayers! And faith! And ours!.... Christina has made the most miraculous change! I want to tell you every detail about it but it's pretty sacred so I won't. We had an AMAZING lesson. The Spirit was felt, Christina cried, we cried, and basically what I'm telling you right now is she's a changed person. Ah I can't begin to describe how much it means to Sister Aguilar and me. We've prayed harder for Christina than anyone in our entire lives. We've put EVERYTHING into helping her change. And finally, after 7 months, she's doing it :) she's changing. She is becoming a 'daughter of Christ' and applying the Atonement to herself. It's been nothing short of a miracle.

"Have miracles ceased?.... Behold I say unto you, Nay."

She'll be getting baptized on Sunday! It will be the happiest day of my entire mission. She's still struggling a bit with her family and stuff... PLEASE PRAY FOR HER. She needs it.

July is coming up and with our 65 baptisms in July goal, we're working our hardest!! It's cool being a Sister Training Leader and working closely with the Zone Leaders to help our zone. I've never had such a huge drive and desire to achieve our goals! It's crazy! We went through a little trial of our faith in June.... in order to achieve 65 in July every zone needs at least 10 baptisms for the month. In June, our zone had one. ONE. We could look at that and say, oh wow, forget July, it'll be impossible. But we're full of faith for the future! We're confident that Heavenly Father will hear our prayers and grant us the righteous desires of our hearts. This July goal is so inspired. I've never been more focused on the work, or had a bigger desire to do well, or had a greater desire to be what my Father in Heaven wants me to be. I'm starting to see what President Hawks says about July, "It's not just about July. It's about the rest of your lives." This is going to be a huge part in changing who I am.

Funny story (we think it's HILARIOUS, we laugh about it all the time):

There's a member in our area book named Vicky. We haven't seen her at church and she hasn't ever answered the phone. Lost sheep.... or so we thought. Anyway, one day we were out finding and we saw a girl walking on the street that looked JUST like Vicky. I said, "Sister Aguilar, that's Vicky!" We chased after her and said, "hey! Vicky! Are you Vicky?" She looked at us like we were crazy and said, "No, I'm not." And walked quickly away with a really annoyed look on her face. But that's typical of less actives that don't want to be found. So we're like, "Man, that was TOTALLY Vicky. What the heck, she lied!"

Part B: We're at church on Sunday. Some cute girl comes in that I've never seen before. I go up, thinking maybe she's a referral, or a less active or something, and say, "Hey, what's your name?" She says, "I'm Vicky! I just got back from BYU-Hawaii, I've been there for 3 years!" Nicest girl on the planet. Super active. hahahahaha we chased down the wrong girl on the street and totally thought it was Vicky, who we thought was "less active." Whoops!! SO FUNNY.

Missionary humor. Sorry if you guys don't get it hahahaha.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I love seeing pictures and videos from all of you :) Lorraine Dettman, your girls camp dance that you made up was the cutest thing in the world! I loved watching it!

Remember that miracles have not ceased. Heavenly Father loves all of us and can provide a way for ANYTHING that He asks us to accomplish. We have to rely on His help first.

Love always,
Sister Gwok
xoxoxo

Pics:
1. Last P-day we went to 10,000 Buddhas! It was fun!
2. Us and Christine after we taught her the 10 commandments :) the thing we're doing with our hands is how you do '10' with your hands in Chinese
3. We did service... picked up trash by the church... in the POURING rain.



No comments: